Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: In what ways other than money did you try to find support for Windows Phone

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I straight away email/tweet/facebook developers

36 37.89%
  • I try to do my own sales pitch at work

30 31.58%
  • I get my company/friends/relatives to push for certain apps

12 12.63%
  • I've given my money. What more do you want?

49 51.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

here to report back that within less than a week the heywire app has been updated and push notifications and live tile are in full working conditions. sending emails to the devs does work people! I am glad i have a functioning SMS app now ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    it's not like developing for WP means they can't earn money from fruit OSs and robots.
    this made my day XD
    Thanked by:
  2.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    here to report back that within less than a week the heywire app has been updated and push notifications and live tile are in full working conditions. sending emails to the devs does work people! I am glad i have a functioning SMS app now ^_^

this made my day XD
    That's awesome! I really wish that 52% who voted for paying one off money actually supported the platform like you! We could see this app hole change much quickly!

Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  3.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty248 View Post
    Sorry for the random question, but how do you make a "poll-thread"?
    WWhen you start a new thread, there is option right at the end saying "add poll to thread" or similar. Tick that box. Submit thread. Then it will ask you to create a poll. Then you submit thread again. It then goes live.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I don't think this is inherently a Windows Phone 8 issue. I think this issue exists with all mobile operating systems (except Apple for apps). I'd love a few more apps for my Blackberry Playbook too.
  5.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jridgers View Post
    I don't think this is inherently a Windows Phone 8 issue. I think this issue exists with all mobile operating systems (except Apple for apps). I'd love a few more apps for my Blackberry Playbook too.
    One impression I've been getting is that Microsoft isn't behind the platform as much as it was before the launch of Window 8. It was almost like it wanted "Metro UI" to be known and WP7 was the only option then. Now all it's efforts seem to be concentrated on marketing the "ecosystem as a whole" and pushing that forward. WP8 onwards, I have a feeling, it will just have to drag along the phone.

If Microsoft itself isn't offering the push, it is hard for any developers to dedicate their resources.
    Okay, that's it.
    Once I learn how to code for Windows 8, I'll try releasing a decent app (maybe a game) on to Windows Phone.
    Though, that's actually far off. I'm only 15 years old :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Okay, that's it.
    Once I learn how to code for Windows 8, I'll try releasing a decent app (maybe a game) on to Windows Phone.
    Though, that's actually far off. I'm only 15 years old :)
    I also believe you need to be 18 to publish games to the store.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  8.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I also believe you need to be 18 to publish games to the store.
    What about a DreamSpark Student account? Is that 18+ too?

Quote Originally Posted by textomatic View Post
    I've been on the WP bandwagon since day one. But recently I have been exposed to some new Android devices and frankly I think Microsoft lost a year in the process of rewriting WP8 as both iOS and Android are leaving WP in the dust. IPhone 5 is ridiculously fast and Android is fast and has Google Now which is amazing. And contrary to what some bloggers want to think apps do matter. Recently I canceled all my Google accounts and no longer use Google Reader. So I'm trying to find an alternative that can sync my news between my WP7.5 and Surface. The only news app that I found that supports both platforms is News360 but that app is buggy on the Surface. My first choice is Pulse but there's no WP7.5 version (or WP8?) There's Zite on WP but none on Surface. Bottom line I cannot find a good Google Reader alternative. Which brings me to the conclusion that in the end it doesn't matter if you have Live Tiles or Kids Corner or the best phone camera on the world. Right now I can't even find a simple news reader service that can sync between my Surface and WP. So yeah, apps matter. I have until November before I can upgrade and right now I'm not sure I am sticking with Windows Phone. I want to but I also want a phone/tablet ecosystem that can deliver what I need. And right now Windows Phone isn't doing it.
    Which android phones did you try ? I have tried the s3 and the one x which are pretty new and are equipped with a quad core processor and 1gb RAM, yet the phone lags its bearable but noticeable. android is/has never been smooth. the only android phones that are smooth are the ones with stock android. But all samsung phones lag pretty bad. I have used android for two years and i know using a samsung on stock touchwiz OS is a nightmare

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    I just went to complain on the Gameloft forums for a ETA when we can expect the games.

Please go to the forums and do the same http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,74363.0.html we need these games in the Marketplace.
    Thanked by:
  11.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafiatounes View Post
    I just went to complain on the Gameloft forums for a ETA when we can expect the games.

Please go to the forums and do the same http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,74363.0.html we need these games in the Marketplace.
    Maybe Kik devs need some love too? ;)

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    Although i do not use kik, i installed it and gave feedback in the Marketplace, let's hope they will reconsider an update for WP8
    Thanked by:
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    What about a DreamSpark Student account? Is that 18+ too?
    I aren't 100% sure. I know when I had my DreamSpark Student account I was 20 (Final Year university student), got it so I could devunlock my phone. It still is dev unlocked but I've paid this time.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    Contacted the dev's of Feedly a while ago with the question if are or will make a WP8 app, their response was "not likely we are currently focusing on improving our iOS/Android apps"

Bummer.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    windows phone user voice website.

It's a mess, but Microsoft regularly states that they monitor the feedback collected there.
    Just providing the URL since this site was mentioned earlier without a link: (not everyone knows how to search) windowsphone.uservoice.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123