Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

i got a black lumia 920, and i just ordered CC-1043 case from Genuine Nokia CC-1043 Red Silicon Case - Lumia 920 - Mobile Accessories. Waiting for it..

Quote Originally Posted by Manojkumar Junjunoori View Post
    In people hub,is it possible to see only people who are online rather than showing all the contacts.
    No, if you want to see who is online, check the messaging app, swipe left for the online tab, this section shows people who are online.
    Also, you can hide contacts from Facebook in the people hub settings.
    Developer

no>! Instagram

WhatsApp hogging away all the battery life?
    Press the volume button and tap on the streaming icon ((.)) it takes you to whatsapp, right? This is because whatsapp uses the sound streaming service to keep itself 'alive'. This = Battery hog! Use 'Stop the Music!' app to completely stop WhatsApp from operating after you exit the app.
    Give it a try, check if the battery life improves and pop in your views!
    The app can be found -h-e-r-e-> Stop the Music! | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Yup, Whatsapp is a battery hog on Lumia 920. Apparently, for whatsapp to work in the background it needs to use audio streaming API. Only trusted developers would be given the access run the apps in the background. Whatsapp has no way to work around this but to use Audio streaming... I hate to know it, but unfortunately, I need whatsapp. So sort of living with battery drain for now... Without whatsapp my battery used to last more than a day... Now half a day.

I did another interesting test with Skype. It does work in the background, but unlike Whatsapp it uses push notifications. Skypes stores the users status online on its servers. As soon as it gets some activity for a particular user it uses the push notification to activate the Skype program on the phone. So Skype is not always connected to the server like Whatsapp. Unfortunately, it has other bug issues related to syncing the contacts which was the reason behind battery drain complaints. Interestingly, the idea of Skype's background functioning is good, but the way it is behind handled is riddled with many technical glitches like network connectivity and push notification server functionality...

Well, bottom line, WP 8 is no way close to Symbian in multi-tasking. I was under the opinion that once NT kernel is ported it would be good at handling multi tasking... but still it is the same as WP 7.5. A little better but needs a drastic change. In fact, I'm really pissed with its fast switching. Like I open an app, minimize it and open it again, it takes about 10-20 secs depending on the app type to open it on the screen... What kind of multi-tasking is this? Common MS you can do lot better. Especially, minimizing skype and open is so annoying as it tries to establish contact with server before it even shows you anything on the screen.

For now there is no good messenger for WP. Or I can say there is not efficient app or way to program an app to work in the background with minimal resources. Still wonder, if MS gonna come out with some API's to sort this out. Or Nokia just did a big gamble to let MS deal with all the software. As I'm still looking for half the functionality of my Symbian based phone I used 5 years ago now :( I moved away from symbian for its clunkiness and UI, but functionality wise it was amazing. I need not reduce the volume of ringer to tone down my key pad dialer to begin with :P

Is MS getting all this I have no clue. But this not the way to build an ecosystem... Nothing is integrated and nothing works as promised. Where is the total integration with PC yet MS? Forget about instagram, atleast bring proper Skype. If MS cannot get Skype forget about bringing apps that can work in the background efficiently. End of rant... But MS seriously needs to listen. Or at least Nokia realizes to go with a different OS... If not for Nokia I wouldn't even had recommend this half baked OS to anyone... I'm just living with this agony.
    anujtwp likes this.

I like the WP OS for beautiful interface and Nokia hardware and apps but what you stated is ugly truth. MS need to do something quickly or Nokia should better use other platform (doesn't mean totally leaving WP)

Quote Originally Posted by Muthuswamys View Post
    Hey guys. I'm still waiting to get my hands on a yellow lumia 920 in bangalore though I had done a pre-booking for it from the NPD in BTM
    Any news on new stock?
    dude i too did my booking there got mine last week and let me tell you it rocks! NL920 yellow! is awesome! however the earphone in the box is equally bad ... i wont even pay 100 bucks for that crap. have to keep adjusting the wire to get the music right ....

in love with my lumia 920 baby

Quote Originally Posted by hipporama View Post
    Hey guys! I bought the black 920 a couple of days back. But I can't seem to get 3g going. It worked fine on my previous phone, but in the 920 it sticks to EDGE. I tried manually putting in the apn settings and restarting but still no use. Anyone else having this problem? I'm on Vodafone in Bangalore.

had the same problem. get 3g activated. if already done. go to network and manually select the operator vodafone with 3g mentioned below it. else select airtel 3g .... Vodafone is using airtel 3g.

Which store is offering those airtel free 3g packs ? Is it for all lumia 920's ?

I remember seeing it in some store, is it univercell or sangeeta, hehe buying a black one this weekend!
  10.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by bashbaliga View Post
    Which store is offering those airtel free 3g packs ? Is it for all lumia 920's ?

I remember seeing it in some store, is it univercell or sangeeta, hehe buying a black one this weekend!
    its for all lumia 920, and yes everywhere!!!
    Case solved...
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia

There is a serious issue on my lumia 920 with 3g signal, i have tried with both airtel & vodafone. for 2g signal it doesnt fluctuate but while in 3G it frequently fluctuate from 0 to 5 bar, and may be i have found that is the reason for massive battery drainage, my device last for 5 hours in 3g network with moderate use. please help. any one here facing this issue of network fluctuation in 3g network? In many forums i have found that the reception in lumia 920 is having the cause for this problem

you need to select 3g service which your actual service provider is providing, like in my case i am using airtel but in gujarat airtel is using service of idea, so i have coose idea from manual selection

it is for all lumia 920 not store specific just the condition is the first sim card inserted should of airtel and it will get activated in next 48 hours, you can check afterwards using *123*11#

it is for all lumia 920 not store specific just the condition is the first sim card inserted should of airtel and it will get activated in next 48 hours, you can check afterwards using *123*11#

Quote Originally Posted by lordashley View Post
    had the same problem. get 3g activated. if already done. go to network and manually select the operator vodafone with 3g mentioned below it. else select airtel 3g .... Vodafone is using airtel 3g.
    you need to select 3g service which your actual service provider is providing, like in my case i am using airtel but in gujarat airtel is using service of idea, so i have coose idea from manual selection

Hey guys! I bought the black 920 a couple of days back. But I can't seem to get 3g going. It worked fine on my previous phone, but in the 920 it sticks to EDGE. I tried manually putting in the apn settings and restarting but still no use. Anyone else having this problem? I'm on Vodafone in Bangalore.

Quote Originally Posted by danish319 View Post
    Hey guys... just bought the black 920 for 35K in Mumbai...All guys waiting for yellow in Mumbai please rethink coz I don't think its coming any time soon also do a hands on demo of the yellow coz I changed my mind after using the yellow demo piece...It seemed too flashy..

Had a ques for guys who have purchased the phone and aware about the Airtel 3G bundle offered...

At the time of purchase I wasn't aware that airtel is offering free 3G for 3 months and I inserted my vodafone sim card. I was thinking of porting my number to airtel just to use the free 3G bundle offered http://discussions.i.lithium.com/i/s...miley-wink.gif lol but Im not sure if I will get the 3G bundle now as I have already used a vodafone sim on the phone http://discussions.i.lithium.com/i/s...ndifferent.gif
    Can someone please confirm if I will be able to get the bundle if I insert an airtel sim? Also no one in my family has an airtel sim sooo I cant try out...

Also is there any other way to purchase apps from the marketplace??? being a student I don't have a credit card and my debit card wont work! Microsoft you need to add more payment options as everyone in India don't own a credit card and my dad wont give me his!!! n my wall charger died a day after purchase :| btw is this thread dead????
    yes you will get bundled offer under MNP also provided the first sim inserted in the device should of airtel

@people in Bangalore waiting for NL920.. i just got a msg from Nokia Priority store in St. marks road that they got fresh stock.. go check it out..

wow, any colour choices ?

here is the msg i got: Lumia 920, 820 is available in different colors. Wireless charging plate and charging pillow is also available. special offers on accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Prathapr View Post
    here is the msg i got: Lumia 920, 820 is available in different colors. Wireless charging plate and charging pillow is also available. special offers on accessories.
    Thanks man, will go in an hour, but i think the different colour will be charged in excess :|

I think i went to all available shops in Bangalore, best price for now is 36.5 k, sangeeta in mantri mall seem to give another headphone (which probably sucks ***, but still )

Thanks man, will go in an hour, but i think the different colour will be charged in excess :|

I think i went to all available shops in Bangalore, best price for now is 36.5 k, sangeeta in mantri mall seem to give another headphone (which probably sucks ***, but still )
    Try Akshar's Telecom near JC Road. I bought mine for 38k (including a wireless charging plate).

Try Akshar's Telecom near JC Road. I bought mine for 38k (including a wireless charging plate).

Whoa! I find out about these a day before a buy!

Some wave of luck i've been riding on!

Will definitely check man, thanks a lot!!!

Whoa! I find out about these a day before a buy!

Some wave of luck i've been riding on!

Will definitely check man, thanks a lot!!!
    No problem :) Call them before going to make sure they have stock - 9886040240. Also Flipkart has a better deal than that Sangeeta place!

No problem :) Call them before going to make sure they have stock - 9886040240. Also Flipkart has a better deal than that Sangeeta place!
    Yeah, i dunno how flipkart are managing to trump dedicated mobile stores like sangeeta/univercell, price difference is 50o bucks.

EDIT: Jus called them, They just finished their stock! :(
    Last edited by bashbaliga; 02-08-2013 at 09:22 AM.