01-08-2013, 12:21 PM #1
- 9 Posts
So my lumia 920 has been acting weird lately....
It goes like this: after some extensive use(surfing the web, gaming etc.), I usually turn off all the connections to give it a good rest. After 30 minutes or so when I check the battery(which is something I do almost compulsively), BOOM, battery doesn't drop, instead, it goes up a bit.
Usually it is a mere 2 or 3 %, though today I got an all-time high of 5%(from 67%to72%), which I think, is significant enough to consider it a real problem. I use battery info to monitor usage, and since I disabled its background task function, the battery displayed on the live tile will remain as the last time it is checked, so I am definitely not seeing things.
Of course I do not believe the battery charges itself, I think it just shows wp8 is unstable/reliable in monitoring battery.
Do you guys have the same thing on your 920 or any other device?
Last edited by Ka Kit U; 01-08-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typo
- 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM #3
As far as I've been able to tell WP8 isn't very accurate at reading the battery state. I'm sure I read somewhere that an upcoming update is supposed to improve the way WP8 monitors the battery and should report more accurate results. Also, these battery monitoring apps are just copying what WP8 reports so they will be just as inaccurate.
01-08-2013, 12:35 PM #4
- 36 Posts
- By AlexanderJJJ in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM
- By blackbriar511 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2012, 09:51 AM
- By hasasimo in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
- By kevinstruck in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 7Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
- By ALborntoride in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 5Last Post: 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM