I've been trying to use Nokia Panorama for many times.
    Like in more than half of them, I got a "Where are you?" error message after I took 1 or 2 photos.
    Even I aligned the viewfinder to the last photo taken, then try to move to the next cirle... when I got the same error message again.
    So I couldn't finish a complete panorama picture.

Has anyone encountered this (such frequently)?
    What the possible solution? (or I should just go to a Nokia Care).

Thank you.

Global Posts
    2,839 Global Posts
    It happens to me sometimes. The app takes a little getting used too. Try moving your phone in a slow movement, not just quickly across the area.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by fancy0479 View Post
    I've been trying to use Nokia Panorama for many times.
    Like in more than half of them, I got a "Where are you?" error message after I took 1 or 2 photos.
    Even I aligned the viewfinder to the last photo taken, then try to move to the next cirle... when I got the same error message again.
    So I couldn't finish a complete panorama picture.

Has anyone encountered this (such frequently)?
    What the possible solution? (or I should just go to a Nokia Care).

Thank you.
    With my iphone 4, I was able to hold the phone out with my hand, and use my shoulder as the pivot point...meaning my arm would follow an arc in front of me.
    With the 920, you have to use the center of the phone as the pivot point and just rotate the phone, not your whole arm.

does that make sense? I figured that out and had very few issues with the panorama after that.
    Thanked by:

Thanks you guys. I tried it slow and "just rotate the phone". Though I still got the message, I finally got a whole panorama picture after *successful* re-alignment - even in a small room.

I still got one problem. It seems each goal/guiding circle is slightly higher than the last one. I presume this is a bug?
    Like you start shooting at Floor 2, but ended up finishing with Floor 3 or 4.

ps.
    @congusano
    The way 920's panorama works is strange and silly.

Global Posts
    2,839 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy0479 View Post
    Thanks you guys. I tried it slow and "just rotate the phone". Though I still got the message, I finally got a whole panorama picture after *successful* re-alignment - even in a small room.

I still got one problem. It seems each goal/guiding circle is slightly higher than the last one. I presume this is a bug?
    Like you start shooting at Floor 2, but ended up finishing with Floor 3 or 4.

ps.
    @congusano
    The way 920's panorama works is strange and silly.
    I've noticed this as well. The circles are never lined up properly. Does not bother me because when the picture is complete, it looks great.

I only ever took one panorama picture with Nokia 1020 and that was the first, all the others I took disappeared and were never saved. Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    In my opinion Nokia's panorama app is horrible compare to android's samsung or other apps. You need to move really slow and care about alignment. Also lighting should be decent as well otherwise joining areas come out blurry. I unfortunately proshot also does not have any intention to add panorama options later on.

I use Photosynth for all my panoramic needs. Works flawlessly!

Quote Originally Posted by batholiver View Post
    I only ever took one panorama picture with Nokia 1020 and that was the first, all the others I took disappeared and were never saved. Any thoughts?
    I have solved the problem by clearing temporary files - I did not have many but it worked, necessary files seem to be retained-, there is a video on Nokia forum which shows how to do this. This certainly worked for 1020 and possibly may solve your problem

Quote Originally Posted by batholiver View Post
    I had this with a stack of Panorama's I took on holiday.
    I put it down to 'user error' - principally because once I'd taken the last shot it takes about 5-10 seconds to save (on the 920), and being too impatient I would click 'back' to get back to the viewfinder assuming it was still saving in the background (which it wasn't). The only way it would save is to sit and wait for the save to complete and for the preview picture to appear.
    Thanked by:

Thanks I will bear that in mind.