This morning when I scroll right and get the list of apps, etc installed, the list now has an alphabet letter prior to each app i.e
    [a]
    Alarms
    Amazon Mobile
    Audible
    [c]
    Calculator
    .....etc

Last night and before I had all the apps listed but no alphabet letter. Has there been a software update?
    Currently my OS version is 8.0.9903.10. I have no idea what it was beforehand. Nor is there any email or notifications of an update but its definitely a change to what it was.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    The letters pop up when you have a certain number of apps. It was probably the OS saying, "oh crap, this guys has 40 apps in his list" *smacks the alphabet letters on*
    Thanked by:

yeah my phone did that on day one, makes it a lot easier to search for an app.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Jdhooge is right. Once u hit a certain number if apps, bam...they show up.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....Looking forward to going back Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Think the magic number on wp8 is 45

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Now listen to This: Tab on each of those letters and see what happens. You get all A to Z letters in one view and you can select your favorate letter to display Apps which their names start with that letter. Cool huh?!
    I use this methid all The time.