Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TK2011
  • 1 Post By Onyeka Nwankwo1
  • 2 Post By ololmarc
  • 1 Post By philpeeps

I had the same mediocre battery life with my lumia 902 like a lot of people are mad about. Well after 2,3 full drain and recharge I have seen a lot of improvement.

wp_ss_20130105_0001.pngwp_ss_20130106_0001.png

Now You guys can see that my stand-by time is really good. Two weeks ago the charge drop was about 3,4 times as much, like 10-15% drop in about 9 hours. The second screen capture shows the battery usage with little use, like 4,5 (3-5 min) voice calls, 6,7 Skype calls, 50-60 KiK messages. 20-30 min of WPcentral app browsing and I think that's about it. NO Background tasks.

I am not totally sold on the Idea of wireless charging, so the phone only gets a wired charger. I think two different ways of charging the phone can mess up the battery calibration.Just my personal thought.
    so this is what I do...
    • I try my best to not the charge go less than 30%.
    • I charge my phone before bedtime and as soon as it reaches 95-100% I plug it out.
    • Restart my phone after it's fully charge. I think this is important for a great stand by time.

Just wanted to share that I am happy with my phones battery life.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    cool btw what version of ROM u useing now ?

Great battery life. Rebooting after recharge is probably a good suggestion to keep the software in clean state. I never rebooted my WP7 phone in the past but I've accepted that WP8 (or just L920) may be a bit different in that regard.

Are you running LTE?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    My L920 has awesome standby times too.. 1% percent drop overnight (6-10 hours)

do you just not use your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by yajur View Post
    cool btw what version of ROM u useing now ?
    I have Portico update installed.

Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    Great battery life. Rebooting after recharge is probably a good suggestion to keep the software in clean state. I never rebooted my WP7 phone in the past but I've accepted that WP8 (or just L920) may be a bit different in that regard.

Are you running LTE?
    Yes rebooting helped me a lot and No LTE here sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ololmarc View Post
    do you just not use your phone?
    Dude I just mentioned in my first post ... little use, KiK, Skype, Calls and little browsing. But I forgot to mention that when I was using what's app it was draining the **** out the battery.

i don't know if youre being really conservative of your battery and always thinking about it, but personally speaking, if i were to live like that with BARE MINIMUM usage of my phone, i would be bored out of my skull at work or on transit. no background apps is a huge buzzkill for me despite the outstanding battery life youre getting.

I just spent 2 weeks in an LTE area and my battery life sucked in comparison to what I've experienced in the 4G area where I reside. It felt like something was sucking the life out of my battery even when I wasn't using the phone. I was out watching playoff games Saturday night, and with the battery saver set to Always, my battery life was dropping a percent or two every few minutes. The only thing I was doing was checking my battery life. I'm now back home, my phone was taken off the charger around 6-7 hours ago, and I'm showing 96% charge left.

I want to say I remember reading something technical about how AT&T implemented LTE that impacted battery life, but I was quite shocked at the dramatic difference in comparison to 4G.

What is the difference between LTE & 4G? I guess I was maybe under the impression they were the same thing, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by ololmarc View Post
    i don't know if youre being really conservative of your battery and always thinking about it, but personally speaking, if i were to live like that with BARE MINIMUM usage of my phone, i would be bored out of my skull at work or on transit. no background apps is a huge buzzkill for me despite the outstanding battery life youre getting.
    True MINIMUM usage is not what anyone want but I am positive that I would get about 24 hours with moderate usage. As far as background apps go, I don't mind having just taping into tiles and looking for new articles, weather etc etc ... I think I only have location on and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    I just spent 2 weeks in an LTE area and my battery life sucked in comparison to what I've experienced in the 4G area where I reside. It felt like something was sucking the life out of my battery even when I wasn't using the phone. I was out watching playoff games Saturday night, and with the battery saver set to Always, my battery life was dropping a percent or two every few minutes. The only thing I was doing was checking my battery life. I'm now back home, my phone was taken off the charger around 6-7 hours ago, and I'm showing 96% charge left.

I want to say I remember reading something technical about how AT&T implemented LTE that impacted battery life, but I was quite shocked at the dramatic difference in comparison to 4G.

What is the difference between LTE & 4G? I guess I was maybe under the impression they were the same thing, but apparently not.
    AT&T calls 3G+HSDPA as 4G. In some other parts of world, 4G means LTE. LTE is known to consume more battey in general. Don't know if AT&T's LTE consumes even more battery. It's possible. People comparing battery life should keep in mind that the network configuration (3G vs 4G, carrier A vs carrier B, city to city) and signal strength (e.g. one spot to another in your home) can have a great impact, especially on standby time.
    Mr37 likes this.
    The last couple days i've been having exceptional battery life as well. This is with everything on; LTE, WIFI (but with wifi set to deactivate with sleeping) Bluetooth, NFC, Tap and send,location services, 2 push email accounts and one to sync every 15 minutes. Although with admittedly milder than usual use. The 1st day, 10-15 text messages, 1 hour of streaming music over bluetooth, and checking through weave a few times, the second day with a few phone calls, weave and rowi checking.

On days with heavy usage, i get at least 15-18 hours and moderate usuage around 30. Now before people start exchanging their phones, this is a phone that once drained from full in 6 hours. The battery drain is not NOT a hardware issue.

The time remaining is super high because it took these screenshots after waking up with my phone having been entirely idle for 8 hours or so.

wp_ss_20130103_0001.png wp_ss_20130107_0001.png
    Thanked by:
    Mr37 
    Mr37 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    You guys dont use your phones that much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    You guys dont use your phones that much at all.

let's not forget that this was the original campaign of windows phone.
    Mr37 and robmif76 like this.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    Rebooting after recharge is probably a good suggestion to keep the software in clean state.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileojule View Post
    Rebooting after recharge is probably a good suggestion to keep the software in clean state.
    There an echo up in here?
    rockstarzzz likes this.

My battery life has been pretty good as well, I get about a full day of battery with moderate usage, plus I go to a school that uses passive radio blocking material in the walls so my phone is always straining for a signal.

I have always gotten decent battery life on my Lumia (purchased on launch weekend in US), after the first several recharge cycles, getting a whole day, unless I had excessive usage in a day or used GPS for extended amount of time while driving. I do not know what has updated this week, but my battery performance has gotten significantly better. I have gone to bed this week with between 30% and 60% charge still on the phone after a long day. I update my apps all the time, and have not deleted any apps, so I have to believe that some update(s) have caused the improvement. I do block background operation for most apps. Granted I am not a heavy user, but my battery performance seems to be better than my Samsung Focus, and I was happy with the battery life on that phone.