Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #1  
    What was the customer experience like? Also what was your issue and how long before you got a new device?

    Thanks.
  2. WorzelGummage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #2  
    I recently had to exchange my 920 and got it done through Nokia Care UK. Nokia arranged for the phone to be collected by a UPS courier which was then sent to the Nokia repair centre. It took a week for them to diagnose and finally send out a replacement phone. I honestly don't know how T-Mobile deal with exchanges but ultimately they would probably just send the phone to Nokia Care for inspection and replacement. This could extend the time before your phone is replaced. However, you should be given a loaner by T-Mobile while you wait for a replacement.
  3. alphonsohall's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    #3  
    My new replacement 920 was delivered next day by courier (uk mail) who collected my faulty 920 at the same time. (tmobile, uk)
  4. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #4  
    Worzel - What issues did you have with it?

    Alphon - Lucky you! How did you manage that? Exactly what I need? What route did you go through? Have you paid extra for that service?

    Thanks for replies.
  5. WorzelGummage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #5  
    @SuperSAT

    My 920 died and refused to power back on. I tried all the usual resets but it wouldn't respond so Nokia replaced it with another one. What problems are you having with yours for you to need a replacement?
  6. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #6  
    Not just the one...overheating (phone and charger), texts are failing (not all) and phone is freezing here and the brightness goes dim too.

    How is your new device getting on?
  7. alphonsohall's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAT View Post
    Alphon - Lucky you! How did you manage that? Exactly what I need? What route did you go through? Have you paid extra for that service?
    Mine had dust building up in the front camera, i called tmobile (i always deal with tmobile via online/phone, not their shops) and they straight away arranged a new 920 to be sent out to me with my old one handed back to the courier at the same time....no cost.
  8. WorzelGummage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAT View Post
    Not just the one...overheating (phone and charger), texts are failing (not all) and phone is freezing here and the brightness goes dim too.

    How is your new device getting on?
    My new one is superb. The first one would freeze on a regular basis but the new one does not. It's a joy to use. Hopefully you'll get the same level of service as alphonsohall and get a replacement the next day.
  9. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphonsohall View Post
    Mine had dust building up in the front camera, i called tmobile (i always deal with tmobile via online/phone, not their shops) and they straight away arranged a new 920 to be sent out to me with my old one handed back to the courier at the same time....no cost.
    Did you call 150 from your mobile? I might just do that. Are you on their 4g network? I know you get some extras with that. I am on the usual 3g.
  10. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    My new one is superb. The first one would freeze on a regular basis but the new one does not. It's a joy to use. Hopefully you'll get the same level of service as alphonsohall and get a replacement the next day.
    Good to hear! I am hoping for the same. Did you get a boxed one?
  11. WorzelGummage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAT View Post
    Good to hear! I am hoping for the same. Did you get a boxed one?
    No, sadly. They sent me a used one with an updated firmware. But seeing as the replacement was working fine and was immaculate I wasn't going to complain about it not being a brand new boxed one.
  12. WorzelGummage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAT View Post
    Good to hear! I am hoping for the same. Did you get a boxed one?
    Also, your experience will differ to mine as you'll be dealing with T-Mobile directly, whereas I went through Nokia direct.
  13. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #13  
    Working phone is main thing. I can go directly to Nokia or go through T-Mobile. Working out what would be the best way...
  14. WorzelGummage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAT View Post
    Working phone is main thing. I can go directly to Nokia or go through T-Mobile. Working out what would be the best way...
    Well, comparing my experience with Alphonsos' he got the better the deal. A replacement handset the following day, whereas I had to endure an entire week without my phone while Nokia took their time trying to repair mine. T-Mobile might also give you a brand new boxed 920 too.
  15. SuperSAT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #15  
    Yeah I am hoping for that once I get some more information from Alphonsos. Seems to good to be true, lol.

Similar Threads

  1. SOLVED: Warranty exchange - new or refurbished? Lumia 920
    By marveldave in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 06:31 PM
  2. Lumia 920 Warranty Exchange - what should I return?
    By Andrew Peng in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 06:45 AM
  3. (UK) Lumia 920 Pre-order @ Unlocked-Mobiles.com
    By Markerton in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
  4. Still no NoDo for T-Mobile UK users!!
    By mydefposse in forum Samsung Omnia 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 05:15 AM
  5. Marketplace Purchases Question for T-Mobile UK Users
    By mydefposse in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions