Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    This is the strangest thing I've seen. My battery on idle drains about 3-4% per hour, and I assumed it was due to having 5 background tasks + a few live tiles. However, I've done a reboot the past three days, and I've seen my battery jump back up. Today, after 10 hours, it went from 60% to 90%! Generally it's about a 5-10% jump, but this is the longest I've waited before rebooting.

This is a bit ridiculous, and I'd like to know if there's a solution for it.

Like many users have experienced, the battery indicator isn't as accurate as we thought. Sometimes you find the battery just pass adversely.
    For a possible solution I collected from community- Re-calibrate your battery indicator by conducting several full discharge and charge.
    But I think it's just a little help, the culprit is still MS has to provide bug fix on accuracy of battery indicator.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    Isn't killing the battery considered a bad thing? So even though it says "60%", once it drops to 0, it should shut off, right?

Edit: If you can link me to the thread discussing this, I'd appreciate it.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    It is not accurate not sure why this happens. If your phone crashes or you end up rebooting it, your battery percentage will significantly change.

I have the same issue. Sometimes when during the day I notice the battery drains quickly I restart the phone and the battery goes up 15-20%. Today after 10 hours (used for sms, some news reading 30 minutes, low usage) it went from 100 to 24% and after a restart it went to 54%!!! A discharge form 100 to 54 in 10 hours is not that bad just if it would be shown correctly by the battery meter.

My 920 when discharges after a soft reset, it goes. The phone would stay at 100% and soft reset temporarily fixes it. Should I hard reset to fix?