Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Am epecting my L920 tomorrow should i do a hard reset before use?

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Just to make sure you're able to and can exchange if need be
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

I think is a must to reset, clean, calibrate to ensure your initial setup is more "factory".
    Take a side note: a minority of people say they bricked after Hard Reset. Take your own risk if you do so (But I would do it as well bravely)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice Ezeigbo View Post
    Am epecting my L920 tomorrow should i do a hard reset before use?
    No. This is total nonsense and a placebo effect.

If you're going to go ahead and do it anyway, at least make sure you have the stickied thread about how to recovery your phone so you can bring it back to life after the pointless hard reset inevitably bricks it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan0622 View Post
    I think is a must to reset, clean, calibrate to ensure your initial setup is more "factory".
    Take a side note: a minority of people say they bricked after Hard Reset. Take your own risk if you do so (But I would do it as well bravely)
    How is your initial setup going to be "more factory" than turning the phone on for the first time when it come out of the box from the FACTORY?

I swear people have some really active imaginations around here.

Hey, I also heard if you rub a blue washcloth on your Lumia whilst singing the Finnish national anthem during high tide, it will boost the speed by 2 ghz and make shamrocks grow out of your ***.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I didn't hard reset mine, and it works GREAT. I've never done a reset on a phone as soon as I got it.