Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

I've seen some people post and say that the Nokia Ringtone Maker is a great program and it works for them. It doesn't work at all for me.

I've dragged over plenty of different MP3 files and the app finds some but not in the way I see in this video:

On my phone when I click "pick song" the Song tab does not populate with anything. The Genre tab shows the genres but no files. The Artist tab shows the artist but when you click on an artist it opens a screen that says "songs" but the song is unclickable. Tapping it does nothing. The Album tab does the same thing as Artist does.

The search on the songs tab doesn't pull up any results. I've tried all kinds of MP3's with a couple actually working but I had to go to Genre and launch the song from there. I also tried downloading songs from Zune/XBOX Music with no luck.

Lastly I tried a Hard Reset which bricked my phone (portico updated) but luckily found a post by itxjobe that fixed my phone. After all that and a resintall of the App IT STILL DIDN'T WORK!! AHHH!

I can't be the only one having this issue. I can barely find anyone ranting or complaining about this app on the web. Please share your experience good or bad with this app.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    After update it works on my phone now, but some songs its saying are not compatible, they are all mp3 and DRM free

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    It's a strange one and I find something similar. There was 1 song I wanted to use and it displayed, but then when I tried to use it I got the message it's not compatible. Not sure why as it was bought from the Xbox Music Store (incidentally the one I eventually used was also bought from the store). I noticed that other songs I tried to use just didn't show, so when you clicked on the song you should then see it in the next screen to select but nothing. Very weird.

Amazingly I don't even have this app available in marketplace. I tried switching region to US but still no luck. How to download this app??

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Amazingly I don't even have this app available in marketplace. I tried switching region to US but still no luck. How to download this app??
    search for it in Bing and wmpoweruser.com had a link to it

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    search for it in Bing and wmpoweruser.com had a link to it
    I tried the barcode from WMPoweruser and it says App not compatible: App only supports the following resolutions: WVGA (480X800)

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    I tried the barcode from WMPoweruser and it says App not compatible: App only supports the following resolutions: WVGA (480X800)
    use this link

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-updates...essories-apps/

I clicked on the Ring Tone app and it still says App not available on the Web. Try downloading it on your phone. @@

EDIT: NVM I got it to work finally~!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    I clicked on the Ring Tone app and it still says App not available on the Web. Try downloading it on your phone. @@

yay!

Pretty alright app with basic functions, need to tweak the start point end point sliding, right now it gets really messy and not very intuitive. Also need some effects such as fade in fade out.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Pretty alright app with basic functions, need to tweak the start point end point sliding, right now it gets really messy and not very intuitive. Also need some effects such as fade in fade out.
    agreed
    david90531 likes this.

agreed
    is anybody else getting a stutter at the end of the ringtone when they pick up calls? minor complaint, still annoying
    david90531 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pjeung View Post
    is anybody else getting a stutter at the end of the ringtone when they pick up calls? minor complaint, still annoying
    YES I noticed this after one of the updates, can't remember which one. I remember first week or two using my phone I didn't have that, but now there's the stutter sound like DJ scratching when picking up calls
    pjeung likes this.

YES I noticed this after one of the updates, can't remember which one. I remember first week or two using my phone I didn't have that, but now there's the stutter sound like DJ scratching when picking up calls
    EXACTLY!!! I posted that a few weeks back, but got no replies.. assumed it was an hardware issue on my phone.. hope they fix it soon

EXACTLY!!! I posted that a few weeks back, but got no replies.. assumed it was an hardware issue on my phone.. hope they fix it soon
    Yeah sooner or later they will release an update to fix that for sure. Not bothering me too much just yet xD

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    I have not noticed this problem on my phone

I have not noticed this problem on my phone
    hmmm wonder if me and david have to make our ringtones over again, since you made yours after the update to the app correct?

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    hmmm wonder if me and david have to make our ringtones over again, since you made yours after the update to the app correct?
    correct

Here is a video of the issue happening on my phone.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pookiewood View Post
    Here is a video of the issue happening on my phone.

that's weird :/

Yeah it is. I going to try to send it to Nokia to see what they say. I tried chatting with someone at Nokia on Friday about it but it really wasn't working that well. She ended up telling me to get a different app. :|
    Last edited by pookiewood; 01-05-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm having the same problem that you were having, this app doesn't show up in the store. I have the Singapore variant of the 920, but when I set up the phone I set the US as my country. It also says US in my settings. How did you get it to work? Thanks :)

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pookiewood View Post
    Yeah it is. I going to try to send it to Nokia to see what they say. I tried chatting with someone at Nokia on Friday about it but it really wasn't working that well. She ended up telling me to get a different app. :|
    Did you try to transfer/sync the music to your phone using windows phone app for Windows instead of drag and drop?

You have to go to the direct link on your phone: Ringtone Maker | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Thanked by:

No hadn't thought trying that. Going to give that a shot.

EDIT: Looks like using the Windows Phone App in Windows to transfer the songs didn't work either. Hmm.
    Last edited by pookiewood; 01-05-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast