01-03-2013, 01:52 PM #1
- 128 Posts
So in light of the EAS/IMAP debacle occurring between the giants, I decided to finish my transition to outlook.com. Gmail is now a folder and all replies (very few as most of my gmail accounts are all spam now) will come from outlook, but I do get some non-spam newsletters that I still view but don't dare move to the newly uncluttered inbox. So I now have only "two" email accounts on my phone thanks to the folders that are pinned from inside the outlook inbox. Contacts moved. Calendar is next.
The interesting thing that I never really put much thought towards is that on my Surface, Gmail in the mail app would occasionally fully reload/refresh when I switched into that inbox. Are these two, battery life and gmail WinRT freakouts, just coincidence? I don't know, but I am curious if anyone else has transitioned and noticed an improvement...
01-04-2013, 09:53 AM #4
- 128 Posts
Outlook.com, Poeple menu, has an account sync feature that pulled over contacts that weren't already living in Outlook. You can also export contacts to cards and import that way. There are plenty of tools and filters you can use at Outlook to manage contacts. Much better ever since it got ModernUIzed. Now they just need to finish out the calendar interface as it is still hotmail flavor for me.
- By Ataraz in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM
- By CSI Guy in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
- By briangk_77 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-17-2012, 07:56 PM
- By kenzibit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM
- By bwigginit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 01-23-2012, 07:02 PM