Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By V J
  • 1 Post By weis

Hey everyone!

First of all, a happy new year to all of you!

Now, regarding the cam on the lumia 920, I don't really understand what is going wrong...Whatever pictures I take, the result has mostly been the same-thry look very bad when I put them on my comp....on the other hand, there are these wonderful pictures floating around the net that people say have been taken with the Lumia 920...I'm beginning to wonder if it is really me who's got it wrong all this time or is there something wrong with the cam? Also, I havent removed the sticker covering the lens on the back of the phone, does this effect the quality of the pics?

Thanks!
    Last edited by aimulaidni; 01-03-2013 at 01:55 AM.
    You just answer your question. How you going to leave the sticker on and pretend to get good results when you take pictures.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    LOL! Yes, take off the sticker
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    dude, you gotta take the sticker off pleaaaase...lol
  5. V J

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Wow...

Can't tell if joking or serious.
    Thanked by:
    david90531 and James8561 like this.

Did you write the thread "Planning to go back to N8 because of the camera"?
    Don't go back yet, play a few days with L920's camera WITHOUT the piece of plastic in front of the lens before making decision...
    Jari P likes this.

lol, troll? My first few pictures with L920 also taken with the stickers still on, when I realized it I was quite embarrassed xD

jeebuz................

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts
    Didn't one of the Crackberry guys have this same problem a while back?

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    If you put a cheap piece of plastic film in front of your eyes, your vision will not be great either.

Who doesn't threads like this get deleted?

Ok, everyone, I know it was stupid on my part and yeah this is embarrassing, i should have known...Anyway, thanks for replying!

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts
    Don't be to embarrassed. The camera will still suck after you remove plastic. Soft daytime pics, blurry low light and glowing eyes are about all I can seem to get consistently. 1 in 10 pics are worth keeping and don't even get me started on adjusting settings. I've tried them all and still no consistency.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    Don't be to embarrassed. The camera will still suck after you remove plastic. Soft daytime pics, blurry low light and glowing eyes are about all I can seem to get consistently. 1 in 10 pics are worth keeping and don't even get me started on adjusting settings. I've tried them all and still no consistency.
    I've been taking GREAT pics, low-light and otherwise, with mine. I'm not sure what's wrong with your's. I have a micro-fiber cloth that I've had to use to clean the lens once when I first removed the plastic because I accidentally smudged it. Have you tried that?
    Keeping the protective sticker on your 920's camera is kinda like keep the lens cap on your stand alone camera... not good.

Enjoy the 920!
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Didn't one of the Crackberry guys have this same problem a while back?
    What, you mean Kevin Michaluk the owner of CrackBerry? Yeah.

EDIT: Oh wait nvm his was the issue with the touch-screen while on a call.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawboh86 View Post
    I've been taking GREAT pics, low-light and otherwise, with mine. I'm not sure what's wrong with your's. I have a micro-fiber cloth that I've had to use to clean the lens once when I first removed the plastic because I accidentally smudged it. Have you tried that?

I have spent more time on 920 camera issues than I spent getting my Surface and Win 8 laptop setup and running right. I know the camera can give me quality pics, I just can't get them consistent enough. I spend more time deleting blurry pics and post editing glowing eyes. I just want a point and click camera that works.

I have spent more time on 920 camera issues than I spent getting my Surface and Win 8 laptop setup and running right. I know the camera can give me quality pics, I just can't get them consistent enough. I spend more time deleting blurry pics and post editing glowing eyes. I just want a point and click camera that works.
    So you need to spend a lot time getting your surface and win 8 machines to just run right....?I don't know..but it really seems to be only you.......I do agree with the pictures taken being not as consitent as I'd like it to be however, but that's also the case with my $2000 stand alone DSLR ( I use full auto on that as well........). I mean come on, it's a camera, not magic..You will most likely get good ones and bad ones at times, but for me, the good ones are really great and the bad ones are rare, that's quite a good job already,

Do you buy shoes fives sizes too big and leave the crunched paper in the toe?