Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I've downloaded a number of podcasts to listen to on the way into work, but they don't register as podcasts, just as music files - not a big issue. However to my distress this morning I discovered that if you exit the player part way through an episode you can't recommence from that point.

Even worse, as you have to start from the beginning, you can't FFWD to the point you were at! I had to listen to the first 30 mins of a 45 min podcast twice.

Is there some secret control I'm missing? Or failing that, a better app that has proper player functions (a shame as I like it otherwise).

well the only way to go around is to pause the media. and no, it will not drain like other OS, at least not in a noticeable level, for me.

Yes I did pause it but then repeated tapping the back button exits the programme. Also leaving it in the app for 8 hrs isn't viable really. Must be another way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thargoid View Post
    Yes I did pause it but then repeated tapping the back button exits the programme. Also leaving it in the app for 8 hrs isn't viable really. Must be another way.
    i am not sure what you mean by leaving it in the app? Whenever you stop a song, you don't have to keep the "now playing" screen on top. I know it doesn't stay in the volume rocker drop down forever (it used to), but it stays there a while...