Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Nokia prediction: Sells smartphone business to Microsoft, Huawei | BGR Nokia prediction: Sells smartphone business to Microsoft, Huawei | BGR
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Edit: Add link to WPC News

Some guy says Nokia will abandon smartphone biz. Media has nothing better to report on. | Windows Phone Central
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 01-02-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts
    Just a lame prediction. I don't see Nokia selling.

PM me for more details

Another lame doom & gloom Nokia article. The competition is scared, there's just no other explanation, haters gonna hate
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Who is scared of Nokia?
    Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Judging Forbes's asshat of a Lumia 920 review, I can see this coming from that no talent garbage "blog"

... or just some investors who has sold short NOK shares - it might cause a huge lose just now, even it was very profitable earlier ...

Almost seems like Forbes has something against Nokia. First the trash review, and now this.

Total FUD, not even worth discussing. The media just needed some kind of story to kick off 2013.
    Thanked by:
    ag7 
    Kredrian likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    These rumors have been flying around for quite a while. None of them have happened. I don't see a Nokiasoft in the near future.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    Nokia prediction: Sells smartphone business to Microsoft, Huawei | BGR Nokia prediction: Sells smartphone business to Microsoft, Huawei | BGR
    lets throw facts out there instead of predictions like this article does with no facts to back it up.

-nokia stock is outperforming apple at the moment Apple, Nokia stock analysis: Nokia outperforming Apple by 60% | BGR

-nokia's value is on the rise Is Nokia the Best Income Opportunity in the Tech Industry? - DailyFinance

-For the short-term, Finnish mobile phone pioneer Nokia (NYSE: NOK) may seem to be at a standstill in terms of stock price, as it stays near $4 per share in recent days, but that shouldn’t deter prospective investors or discourage current stockholders. Shares of Nokia have shot up over 150%, rebounding from a several-year low of $1.63 – definitely a good sign for traders. What the company is doing – and planning to do – for the upcoming Nokia RT tablet and the Lumia line of smartphones also bodes well for the company’s long-term future and its foothold in the consumer electronics market.

-noone knows the numbers yet, but the lumia line is worldwide, dominating in some markets over iphone and android. http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-lumia-8...ggest-carrier/

these are just a couple facts that i googled up that the author of that article couldnt be bothered to do. with all this recent news (all of it in december), nokia is on the upswing. they arent going anywhere regardless of what some biased blog authors hope for. one thing i do agree with is nokia doing more software. they have already begun doing it with the new lumia lines with their lumia exclusive apps. i think future lumia model releases will come with these apps plus others to further solidify the quality of their product.
    Kredrian likes this.

wrong topic...

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Maybe lead off to Surface phone

I think it just one of those Nokia Haters. That guy probably hasn't seen any Lumia Phones especially the 920....

He is just predicting and he probably went off on this one. We should not pay attention to such articles. I think Nokia should come out saying that this is totally baseless. If ever, they wanted to sell the Mobility division, they wouldn't have came out with new Lumia phones.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Remember to read the WPCentral News/Blog page when you want the truth about something like this. It in my signature...sheezz!

Some guy says Nokia will abandon smartphone biz. Media has nothing better to report on. | Windows Phone Central
    theefman and Jazmac like this.

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    lets throw facts out there instead of predictions like this article does with no facts to back it up.

-nokia stock is outperforming apple at the moment Apple, Nokia stock analysis: Nokia outperforming Apple by 60% | BGR

-nokia's value is on the rise Is Nokia the Best Income Opportunity in the Tech Industry? - DailyFinance

-For the short-term, Finnish mobile phone pioneer Nokia (NYSE: NOK) may seem to be at a standstill in terms of stock price, as it stays near $4 per share in recent days, but that shouldn’t deter prospective investors or discourage current stockholders. Shares of Nokia have shot up over 150%, rebounding from a several-year low of $1.63 – definitely a good sign for traders. What the company is doing – and planning to do – for the upcoming Nokia RT tablet and the Lumia line of smartphones also bodes well for the company’s long-term future and its foothold in the consumer electronics market.

-noone knows the numbers yet, but the lumia line is worldwide, dominating in some markets over iphone and android. Nokia Lumia 800 the year’s biggest seller on Finlands biggest carrier | WMPoweruser

these are just a couple facts that i googled up that the author of that article couldnt be bothered to do. with all this recent news (all of it in december), nokia is on the upswing. they arent going anywhere regardless of what some biased blog authors hope for. one thing i do agree with is nokia doing more software. they have already begun doing it with the new lumia lines with their lumia exclusive apps. i think future lumia model releases will come with these apps plus others to further solidify the quality of their product.
    I agree. The mistake folks are making is they tend to look at Nokia from a pretty narrow view - their future is hitched upon the sales of the 920/820 in Europe and North America. Not so. Nokia is hedging their bets with entry level handsets like the 610 or 505 in burgeoning markets in Asia and Africa. Smart move. Unlike Apple, they are not handcuffing themselves.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Not that I think or want Nokia to sell...But, in general terms it is best to sell when company valuation is high, not low. So the momentum Nokia has could be just as much a reason to sell as it is to not sell, as mentioned above.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Unlike Apple, they are not handcuffing themselves.
    last year Apple had to decide what to do with the 100 BILLION dollars they had laying around in CASH. Yeah, Nokia didn't.

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JussiRM View Post
    Almost seems like Forbes has something against Nokia. First the trash review, and now this.
    Actually, Forbes has been involved in a long running vendetta against anything Microsoft for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumDel View Post
    Not that I think or want Nokia to sell...But, in general terms it is best to sell when company valuation is high, not low. So the momentum Nokia has could be just as much a reason to sell as it is to not sell, as mentioned above.
    Right now, Nokia is priced just above bankruptcy valuations. Nokia's valuation right now, is hardly at its high point, especially if you look at Nokia was capable of in the past.

last year Apple had to decide what to do with the 100 BILLION dollars they had laying around in CASH. Yeah, Nokia didn't.
    I think you misunderstood what Crystal_Planet was saying. Apple is 'handcuffing' themselves to one particular product line, the iPhone. If sales of the iPhone drop, Apple will lose a significant percentage of their revenue. However, if sales of Nokia's Lumia 920 and 820 were to drop, Nokia would still have the 610, 505, and Asha series phones to support revenue. Yes, the margins will not be as large, but profits are profits.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    Right now, Nokia is priced just above bankruptcy valuations. Nokia's valuation right now, is hardly at its high point, especially if you look at Nokia was capable of in the past.

I think you misunderstood what Crystal_Planet was saying. Apple is 'handcuffing' themselves to one particular product line, the iPhone. If sales of the iPhone drop, Apple will lose a significant percentage of their revenue. However, if sales of Nokia's Lumia 920 and 820 were to drop, Nokia would still have the 610, 505, and Asha series phones to support revenue. Yes, the margins will not be as large, but profits are profits.
    No, I understand. What I'm saying is that it is ridiculous to assert that somehow Nokia is making better decisions than Apple. Apple is a huge money maker, Nokia will soon be sold to the highest bidder.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiafan99 View Post
    I think it just one of those Nokia Haters. That guy probably hasn't seen any Lumia Phones especially the 920....

He is just predicting and he probably went off on this one. We should not pay attention to such articles. I think Nokia should come out saying that this is totally baseless. If ever, they wanted to sell the Mobility division, they wouldn't have came out with new Lumia phones.
    why does your 920 say nokia on the back and mine say zeiss

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    No, I understand. What I'm saying is that it is ridiculous to assert that somehow Nokia is making better decisions than Apple. Apple is a huge money maker, Nokia will soon be sold to the highest bidder.
    how do you figure they will be sold to the highest bidder?

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

yeah, all of that from the iPhone. Last time I checked, Apple also makes other things other than smartphones that contribute to their revenue stream. ITunes us kinda big too I think.
    My next phone...
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    So which is it? Is Apple handcuffing itself or are they brilliant for creating multiple income streams? You can't have it both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    yeah, all of that from the iPhone. Last time I checked, Apple also makes other things other than smartphones that contribute to their revenue stream. ITunes us kinda big too I think.

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    So which is it? Is Apple handcuffing itself or are they brilliant for creating multiple income streams? You can't have it both ways.

You were the one boasting about the wealth of Apple. I was just pointing out that there was more to their wealth than just phone sales. And yes, they are handcuffing themselves by not putting cheap handsets in the hands of emerging markets. In North America they reign supreme, but everywhere else not so much - a lot to do with the crazy margins built into their products.
    My next phone...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast