Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I'm guessing my battery is working just fine and the 3% decrease is the mail app and background tasks running. I've changed one of the mailboxes to now sync every hour instead of 30 minutes and again that seems to have improved. But I had a good 20 minutes of watching stuff on netflix, done a bit of Facebook browsing but not much and of course the mailbox is still running as well as my background tasks, and it's still on 57% after the charge at 11pm last night.

A lot of peoples problems are likely just normal usage?

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D0gsballs View Post
    I'm guessing my battery is working just fine and the 3% decrease is the mail app and background tasks running. I've changed one of the mailboxes to now sync every hour instead of 30 minutes and again that seems to have improved. But I had a good 20 minutes of watching stuff on netflix, done a bit of Facebook browsing but not much and of course the mailbox is still running as well as my background tasks, and it's still on 57% after the charge at 11pm last night.

Have you even read the thread? This isn't a "battery issues" thread. This is a "nokia music may be the cause of my battery issues" thread. So, if you're not using a music app and then experiencing battery drain, you're off topic.

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Have you read the thread? You'll see people left right and centre saying different things. There isn't one specific app that seems to cause battery drain - it's different for everyone.

I did this test. Uninstalled Nokia Music went to bed whit 100% battery and after 7 hours my battery was at 97%. Whit Nokia Music installed usually I had in morning around 87-85%. This was the only change that in did on my device. So there is some process in Nokia Music that are drained the battery. Someone already report this to Nokia?

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Have you read the thread? You'll see people left right and centre saying different things. There isn't one specific app that seems to cause battery drain - it's different for everyone.
    Thanks for playing, but if you read the original post, along with MOST of the replies, you'll notice a common theme. Just because you're not the only one who came out of left field with an off-topic post doesn't mean you're right.

There ARE a lot of factors that contribute to bad battery life, but this thread is specifically discussing the possibility of the music apps as the cause.

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    No problems here. I'm on hour number 22 of my last charge and i'm sitting at 48% remaining and I stream/play a ton of music from Nokia Music.

In reality it's more than likely not a specific app as others have had similar results by removing different apps. It's just the OS and Software hanging up and causing processes to run when not needed or not shutting down correctly so it causes extra drain.

My first phone before the replacement was Nokia drive. If I had it installed mine would drain like crazy. My replacement though so far has not done that and battery life has been stellar.
    I see you didn't jump this guys throat for going "off topic".

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I see you didn't jump this guys throat for going "off topic".
    Probably because he actually mentioned that he streams Nokia Music. Herp Derp. Give it a rest.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Okay, so back on topic. I noticed that a lot of people were saying they got such great battery on their phones, but I didn't seem to be pulling it off as much. I read this thread, but I don't listen to Nokia Music; however, I do use "CloudMuzik" (a Google Music streamer) that seems to hook into the Music+Videos to save your spot in the music. Even after closing it out, I was looking at about 9% an hour drain (found using battery widget). I rebooted my phone before the last charge and have been off the charger for 6 hours and still have >90% battery left.

In short, I think it's how the music apps link into the Music+Videos stuff, not just Nokia Music. What do you guys think?

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravage View Post
    Probably because he actually mentioned that he streams Nokia Music. Herp Derp. Give it a rest.
    I stream with Nokia Music and I use the music app every day. If you read through the posts you'll see that.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

So then what was the point of this post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Because i was posting what I had found after a couple of days of monitoring. Have you actually read the thread or just jumped in my post?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodetri View Post
    Well I had the same issues you guys been having. After reading endless threads about this problem. I did 3 things.
    1-full recharge + 2 hours
    2-Uninstalled Nokia Music and turned "My Location" (GPS) off
    3-Soft reset
    This was last evening. Since then I've been using my home Wi-Fi only.
    Voila!!

Attachment 26179

Gotta add that i also havent been using bluetooth,nfc,live tiles etc. Only 3 email accounts. Two of them checking email every 2 hours and the other automatically as they come.Also used Whatsapp,Facebook using the "me" tile and Xbox Live.
    I'll report tomorrow or the day after with LTE on instead of wi-fi

edited to add: i'm starting to think it has something to do with the gps and all the apps that ask for your location. That constant struggle of finding the phone seems like a huge battery drainer.
    I'm more and more inclined to conclude that the gps is the root of all this...Look at my latest battery page screenshot. Same usage,same apps running,same everything except for a little use of LTE and bluetooth for a 20 minute drive to my mom's.

wp_ss_20130105_0001.png

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Because i was posting what I had found after a couple of days of monitoring. Have you actually read the thread or just jumped in my post?
    You're asking me if I have read the thread that I posted, quoted, and replied in several times? Do you really need an answer to that?

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravage View Post
    You're asking me if I have read the thread that I posted, quoted, and replied in several times? Do you really need an answer to that?

You're boring me now.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    You're boring me now.
    Oh, my. How inconsiderate of me.

jdhooghe likes this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Another update to this:

I watched the battery life on my Lumia all day after a reboot yesterday and it remained solid (about 1-2%/hour). Today, I decided to test Metro Radio (Pandora client). I streamed a few songs through my BT speaker, then killed the app and turned off BT.

My Lumia has lost 5% in the last 20 minutes and is now draining much faster. This has to all be related to the music hub. How do we kill whatever is draining without restarting the phone? Stopthemusic does not work. More importantly, when is Microsoft going to recognize this and fix it?

I regularly play MetroRadio and Nokia Music through my Play 360 BT speaker and have no problems with battery drain.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    I regularly play MetroRadio and Nokia Music through my Play 360 BT speaker and have no problems with battery drain.
    I find that hard to believe, since I can duplicate this issue literally every time without fail. That being said, we could have different settings. I just turned off the settings to use Xbox cloud and download album art. I'm going to see if that changes anything.

Then it's possible there is something wrong either with your phone or it's settings. I'm not experiencing it and I also use Stop The Music whenever I'm finished listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodetri View Post
    I'm more and more inclined to conclude that the gps is the root of all this...Look at my latest battery page screenshot. Same usage,same apps running,same everything except for a little use of LTE and bluetooth for a 20 minute drive to my mom's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130105_0001.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	26248
    Last progress report before I lay my phone unto the wireless recharger bed...I'll redo the experiment with LTE on instead of Wi-fi after next recharge. So here's how my battery was before today's recharge.

wp_ss_20130106_0001.png

Oh..and btw..It's official (at least for me) TURN OFF THE GPS!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I have Nokia Music installed and I have no problems with battery life.

Next...

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357520234.713571.jpg

Turning off the top 2 options in Xbox music settings seems to have stabilized my battery. I have launched Nokia music twice and exited and my idle drain is now only about 4% per hour.

I had location off for the longest time and still had garbage battery life. I did everything in the book, maybe it was nokia music. We'll find out when my phone comes back from Nokia hopefully this week....

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Okay, guys. Just wanted to come back here and report that my issue is solved.

Disabling the top two options in Xbox Music Hub seems to have done the trick. I still have to completely back out of Nokia Music to avoid the battery drain, but when I do, my idle drain is now normal. Before, even backing out of Nokia Music completely didn't work.

What's odd is that I noticed that even if I back completely out of Nokia Music, it stays playing in the music hub, so it doesn't actually kill it. Either way, I can now confidently use this phone again without worrying about the battery drain.

I don't think Nokia Music was the problem. Well, at least in my case. I had it uninstalled, and my battery(last night) drained from 100% to 4% in 6 hours in standby mode. I woke up this morning in awe not knowing the cause of the problem. My iPhone still has 15% left since I last charge it on January 5(also on standby). I hope Nokia/Microsoft will fix this soon.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast