Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I had been using Nokia Drive and Nokia Maps without any problems since getting my L920, but a couple days ago, I noticed my phone was constantly rerouting. When I took a closer look, I realized my GPS was showing my position one street up from where I actually was. It also seemed to rotate my direction of travel at times, but it's hard to tell if that's from the incorrect position or what.

Has anyone else had this problem? Also, I updated my maps just to be sure, and that didn't solve anything.

Yes I had that problem the second time I used it. I rebooted the phone and I haven't observed the issue since. SW related I think. I'm using the 810.

Noticed that when I first got my Lumia 920. My solution was to immediately uninstall Nokia maps and use the default WP maps app. Nokia maps is just not up to par with the default maps even after the updates. You can use this to regain access to the default maps app

Maps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

Quote Originally Posted by crav4speed View Post
    Noticed that when I first got my Lumia 920. My solution was to immediately uninstall Nokia maps and use the default WP maps app. Nokia maps is just not up to par with the default maps even after the updates. You can use this to regain access to the default maps app

Maps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    u must be kidding me.

I restarted it, had the same problem. So I turned of Location, restarted the phone, then turned Location back on. I went for a drive and it seemed to work find. I also think updating the maps has improved the experience, but I'm not sure.

Thanks everyone!