Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EISENbricher
  • 1 Post By EISENbricher

Can anyone suggest a decent pair of earphones for the lumia 920? Needs to have volume controls and microphone and be able to answer phone calls. Can't decide whether I want in ear or on ear headphones but ideally I want to spend less than £50 if possible. I had an iPhone before and always liked their headphones but the mic and volume controls don't seem to be compatible with the 920. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Klipsch Reference S4 or Klipsch Image S4 would be best bets for in-ear type. If you're okay with no controls, undoubtedly jump to Klipsch bandwagon.

For on ear I don't have any specific choice which have the controls, but Sony MDR-XB400 offers best bang for buck, and comes with thumping bass response. (Though you may need to adjust your EQ is you're an audiophile.)

I've been using these both. I'm an audiophile (without much money to go for high end). I've done much research before buying these, so be sure that both are a steal. Go for it!
    Thanked by:
    Andrew Milne likes this.

One simple solution that I've been using. Buy a nokia AD-54 adapter. It comes cheap, and provides all controls you need (play, pause, stop, next song, prev song, volume, lock controls, answer, etc)

Attachment 25820
    Thanked by:
    Andrew Milne likes this.

Eisenbricher, that looks great! Do you know if that will allow me to use the microphone on my iPhone headphones?

Oh no, it won't use mics on your iPhone headphones. Actually I guess if you plug iPhone headphones is AD-54 that would be incompatible, because AD-54 is made for general purpose headphones (3-point 3.5mm plugs, while iPhone has 4-point one).

AD-54 has inbuilt microphone. So just use a normal earphone, it'll convert it to a decent headset!

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Sennheiser OvertheEar Headphones with swapcable system Black HD439 - Best Buy

these over the ear headphones sound REALLY good. i played with them yesterday at best buy. i currently use AKG's. they are made by an austria company and regarded as high quality. in ear buds agitate my ear and they dont block out the outside noise so you dont get to hear the song the way it was meant to.

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    I use the stock Samsung headphones that came with my focus. They are really nice for stock headphones. They sound pretty good and are comfortable to wear. If they ever break, I will be lost looking for a decent replacement.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

On Ear for me...Klipsch Image Ones. They crush Bose and Beats. Ordering my girl a set of Magenta Nokia Purity cans soon as well. They don't sound quite as good as Klipsch but she likes how they look...

Quote Originally Posted by jmshub View Post
    I use the stock Samsung headphones that came with my focus. They are really nice for stock headphones. They sound pretty good and are comfortable to wear. If they ever break, I will be lost looking for a decent replacement.
    Man honestly, Samsung earphones suck bad... I've used my friend who also has SS focus. Those are only good for conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by cashcar1979 View Post
    On Ear for me...Klipsch Image Ones. They crush Bose and Beats. Ordering my girl a set of Magenta Nokia Purity cans soon as well. They don't sound quite as good as Klipsch but she likes how they look...
    Indeed.. Bose are overpriced and Beats are overhyped. Klipsch and Sennheiser offer good VFM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    Sennheiser OvertheEar Headphones with swapcable system Black HD439 - Best Buy

these over the ear headphones sound REALLY good. i played with them yesterday at best buy. i currently use AKG's. they are made by an austria company and regarded as high quality. in ear buds agitate my ear and they dont block out the outside noise so you dont get to hear the song the way it was meant to.
    Sennheiser HD series is good. Although in-ear are better at blocking noise, provided that you choose good pair. My Klipsch Reference S4 are so awesome with the Oval tips. I live in a crowded metro city and a daily commuter. They are the best noise blockers! As every reviewer also acknowledges the same.

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashcar1979 View Post
    Does the klipsch control volume and such on wp8 devices? That was the op's question...

Thanked by:
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I don't know if you would consider Bluetooth headset or not but I use my LG 730 headset all the time. It has everything your looking for without wires. It provides great sound is way loud and has built in EQ settings. Works with all phone functions including voice commands. It like this headset was made from WP

I bought the klipsch S4a fro att. They work great in ears and have good microphone. I bought two pairs from att and they gave me 30$ worth of accessories for free.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I might just make the ump to the Nokia Purity headphones. They're 99$ but I only hear positives from them and they are for sure compatible with 920.

It seems like a lot for headphones but I've always been satisfied with Monster headphones so I'm just waiting to go back home to order them since I've out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by mav4life View Post
    I might just make the ump to the Nokia Purity headphones. They're 99$ but I only hear positives from them and they are for sure compatible with 920.

It seems like a lot for headphones but I've always been satisfied with Monster headphones so I'm just waiting to go back home to order them since I've out of town.
    I've tried the in-ear monster purity headset which my friend got free with his Lumia 800. I'd definitely say that Klipsch are better for less price. No crisp mids and highs in Purity ones.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EISENbricher View Post
    I've tried the in-ear monster purity headset which my friend got free with his Lumia 800. I'd definitely say that Klipsch are better for less price. No crisp mids and highs in Purity ones.
    From my quick search of those, I see that they don't have volume and playback controls. If so, that's the main reason I need the Purity ones since I take my earphones when I commute on my bicycle. I can't be taking my phone out and trying to adjust the volume through my jeans.

I was literally in line to purchase the SC Titans but then I realized it did not have volume controls so I have to settle for the Purity.

Maybe I'm wrong though and yours have the mic/playback controls but if not they simply aren't an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mav4life View Post
    From my quick search of those, I see that they don't have volume and playback controls. If so, that's the main reason I need the Purity ones since I take my earphones when I commute on my bicycle. I can't be taking my phone out and trying to adjust the volume through my jeans.

I was literally in line to purchase the SC Titans but then I realized it did not have volume controls so I have to settle for the Purity.

Maybe I'm wrong though and yours have the mic/playback controls but if not they simply aren't an option for me.
    Oh well yeah. Purity ones are way to go if you want controls (and looks). I use AD-54 when needed. But gotta admit, the total length of wire becomes more than necessary.
    I would recommend trying the Sony MH1C's. Don't be fooled by the $20 price tag. The sound produced from these earphones is unbelievable and comparable to the $100 earphones you can find out there. It has an in-line mic, volume controls and works great with my 920. It has a flat j cord which you have to get used to but for the price you honestly can't go wrong.

Btw..Klipsch doesn't support volume control. Sound awesome though. If you want controls + mic go with Nokia Purity.

I've gone with the in-Ear Headphones by Monster WH-920 as suggested by treble3 as I can get them for £30 off of ebay. Lets just hope the seller is reputable! Thanks for everyones inputs. Seems like quite a job trying to find headphones with volume controls for the 920 =(

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Even though you've ordered I'll throw in my recommendation. :)

I have the Creative WP-450's. It does all controls/voice control of the phone. calls sound pretty good on them and music does as well.. They are a bit over your price but the WP-350's are a highly recommended as well and offer the same controls. :)
    Red Lumia 920

Mine arrived brand new sealed they have been on eBay trading for ages I can't recommend them enough

Quote Originally Posted by jmshub View Post
    You can get can get one for $5 online, one of the cheapest and best for the price, Focus was my first WP and after it I have been using it w/ all of my WPs and it works perfectly fine

Btw if you want to go wireless you can check out the nokia bh-505, recently ordered one and now waiting for it to arrive

Global Posts
    2,839 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    Btw if you want to go wireless you can check out the nokia bh-505, recently ordered one and now waiting for it to arrive
    Did you get these? I'm thinking about purchasing one and looking for some feedback.