- 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM #1
I have a very specific, yet crippling problem with location!
- Occurs only in Nokia maps, when pulling up an address, then click 'directions to' from current address
- ONLY occurs when on cellular (4G) network. Wifi works fine.
Problem: It searches forever, then says 'can't find your location.' If I just hit the location round button, it finds my location fine! Just has problems finding my location when it comes to searching for directions.
- gmaps works fine, but I prefer nokia because less laggy
- on wifi it works fine
- tried reinstalling nokia maps, and soft resetting, didn't work
Let me know thanks!
- 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM #2
Okey I guess your problem is due to the battery saving techniuqes followed by WP8 regarding 3g/4g data usage. So try this please Open internet explorer and enter a site(preferably a big one ... hint: WPcentral.com then quickly switch back to Nokia Maps/drive and search ... Let me know what happens.
Last edited by Nabkawe5; 12-29-2012 at 07:31 AM.
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM #7
- 1 Posts
Yes, I've been having problems all day - from the People hub I am unable to check in - it can't find my location and offers no suggestions. If I open the Facebook app, I can check in and get a list of nearby locations. There have been other glitches throughout the day. Glad it's not just me!
01-15-2013, 02:40 AM #9
- 41 Posts
No. I tried restting my phone to factory defaults and ended up bricking it (a bug, apparently) so I used the thread on this forum to download the firmware and flashed it. Since then it has been absolutely rock solid - no glitches, everything works as it should and it is much faster all round. I am very pleased!
- By N1991 in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
- By dj9928 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
- By gossi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
- By spokanedj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
- By monotok in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2011, 07:06 AM