Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. denzilla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    165 Posts
       #1  
    I currently have an Otterbox Defender which is nice, but it makes the phone extremely bulky and the Commuter isn't much better. I also don't like the non-removable screen protector. Has anyone bought the Speck Candyshell case and does it offer adequate protection from falls?
  2. eeewing's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #2  
    Speck makes some of the best cases I've ever owned, and the Candyshell series is great protection. That said, I wasn't fond of the fit on the Lumia 920 (the sides of the case came up to the glass, while the top and bottom left a small "gap" -- purely a cosmetic thing) so I returned it.
  3. walter1832's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #3  
    I got the Incipio Pro Duo and couldn't be happier with it. I feel like I have similar protection of the Otterbox Commuter without the bulk. It looks nice.
  4. JonesCK1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #4  
    I got the Speck Candyshell, was disappointed with the protection, unlike with the iPhone where it protected all around, with my Lumia 920 it doesn't protect the screen at all :(

    I returned it and I bought the Belkin bumper case, I have the red L920 so the red and black case complements it nicely.

    Back view: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...P33vFQE5qNYjiU

    Front view: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DnrShiJ4AKlftw
    Last edited by JonesCK1; 12-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.
  5. vtective's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #5  
    I purchased the Candy Shell case at AT&T. The bottom rubber piece broke within 24 hours. Fortunately AT&T allowed a return the next day.
  6. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCK1 View Post
    I got the Speck Candyshell, was disappointed with the protection, unlike with the iPhone where it protected all around, with my Lumia 920 it doesn't protect the screen at all :(

    I returned it and I bought the Belkin bumper case, I have the red L920 so the red and black case complements it nicely.

    Back view: http://sdrv.ms/RWzBCF

    Front view: http://sdrv.ms/12UgESc



    It is nice but let me warn you. It is not as durable as you think. I dropped it from bed height and it hit the hardwood floor right on the bottom right corner. The hard shell broke.

    I highly recommend buying a case from Amazon or something. That Belkin was way over priced
  7. JonesCK1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzanmarzan View Post
    It is nice but let me warn you. It is not as durable as you think. I dropped it from bed height and it hit the hardwood floor right on the bottom right corner. The hard shell broke.

    I highly recommend buying a case from Amazon or something. That Belkin was way over priced
    At least the case broke and not the phone, it did it's job :-)

    I've actually dropped a couple of times but it didn't land on the corner, one time landed flat face down from about 5 feet, another time on its back from about knee height, case is still fine, I guess the corners are weak but my concern is the phone more than anything else, I was going caseless for a while until my wife shattered he screen with her first drop, fell in the driveway and the screen got obliterated!
  8. denzilla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    165 Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCK1 View Post
    I got the Speck Candyshell, was disappointed with the protection, unlike with the iPhone where it protected all around, with my Lumia 920 it doesn't protect the screen at all :(

    I returned it and I bought the Belkin bumper case, I have the red L920 so the red and black case complements it nicely.

    Back view: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...P33vFQE5qNYjiU

    Front view: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DnrShiJ4AKlftw
    My wife initially got this case and then exchanged it for an Otterbox. She likes the feeling of having a 42' TV strapped to her side :) Unfortunately this case doesn't protect the back at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by walter1832 View Post
    I got the Incipio Pro Duo and couldn't be happier with it. I feel like I have similar protection of the Otterbox Commuter without the bulk. It looks nice.
    Also a nice looking case but not a lot of protection for the top and bottom. Probably going to try the Candyshell. Does Nokia have any plans on making cases?
  9. vtective's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by denzilla View Post
    Does Nokia have any plans on making cases?
    Nokia designed the CC1043 case but it has not yet been released. I just ordered this: http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartph...-ngp-case.html

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 11:13 AM
  2. Selling iPhone 4 / 4S Candy Shell Cases.
    By WasteSomeTime in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 02:10 PM
  3. any good carrying cases
    By nokiaqueen in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM
  4. Any good cases yet?
    By Louie5552 in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 01:16 AM

Posting Permissions

B