I've been trying to share some simple pictures through NFC with my wife and I can not seem to get it to work. I 'calibrated' my phone with the NFC sticker that came with it in the box, and that works fine. But when I press share on a picture and press "tap and send" it tells me to put my phone up against hers, but nothing happens. She has a Samsung galaxy s3 and she can do the NFC sharing with other gs3's, which leads me to think that something is wrong with MY phone.

I have "tap+send" turned on in settings and Bluetooth too. Am I missing something, cam you only use NFC if the two devices are the same, or is there something wrong with my phone??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    IIRC, you can only send contact information and URLs from a Nokia to a Samsung and vice versa (not sure if this is software limitation due to Nokia, Microsoft, Samsung and/or Android). You can share photos and other things with another WP8, just a Samsung can share with other Samsung's.
    Thanked by:

As far as I know, WP8 has issues with "formatting" NFC tags, meaning what you try and send to an Android phone won't show up right cause it can't understand it. I've tried a few times to Tap+Send with friends who have Android phones, with no luck (shows up with a url/link to the sd card on wp8)

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    Tried sending a picture to my bro's S3. He just got a bunch of weird alien language.

Go to a web page, click share and then tap to send. It will share the web page with your wife's S3. I wish it were simpler like the S3 shares by just holding the phone and then prompting you to send.

So we can'r NFC apps? (have a Lumia 920 to NFC to another Lumia 920)