12-25-2012, 09:35 AM #1
- 32 Posts
I was using my headphones yesterday for the first time since the Portico update and now my phone thinks they are still in so I'm not getting any sound from the speaker. Anyone know a fix for this? I tried restarting the phone a few times and tried pulling the headphones out while listening to music or videos but no luck so far. Thanks for any help..
12-25-2012, 10:12 AM #3
- 349 Posts
If (a) eventually gentle but repeated insert/removes of headphones will free it up. If the phone is cold, try warming it up a bit too. Blowing in the hole (canned air) can't hurt either.
If (b) go through it's pockets and look for loose change (warranty repair)
It's pretty easy to get some gunk on your headphone plug, and then shove that gunk into the jack, which then gunks up the $0.01 switch that makes the magic happen.
- By aventador779 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 34Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM
- By HeyCori in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2011, 04:09 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 20Last Post: 08-17-2011, 12:23 AM
- By Luisraul924 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 05-25-2011, 04:11 PM
- By condemned in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 01-27-2011, 12:17 AM