I was using my headphones yesterday for the first time since the Portico update and now my phone thinks they are still in so I'm not getting any sound from the speaker. Anyone know a fix for this? I tried restarting the phone a few times and tried pulling the headphones out while listening to music or videos but no luck so far. Thanks for any help..
    Related issue posted under "No Sound!" and "Issue with calls - no audio". I cannot make/receive calls except with headset or speakerphone. Have ruled out Bluetooth issue.

Quote Originally Posted by razorguy View Post
    I was using my headphones yesterday for the first time since the Portico update and now my phone thinks they are still in so I'm not getting any sound from the speaker. Anyone know a fix for this? I tried restarting the phone a few times and tried pulling the headphones out while listening to music or videos but no luck so far. Thanks for any help..
    The switch inside the headphone jack is either (a) stuck or (b) broken

If (a) eventually gentle but repeated insert/removes of headphones will free it up. If the phone is cold, try warming it up a bit too. Blowing in the hole (canned air) can't hurt either.

If (b) go through it's pockets and look for loose change (warranty repair)

It's pretty easy to get some gunk on your headphone plug, and then shove that gunk into the jack, which then gunks up the $0.01 switch that makes the magic happen.

I had the same problem on my 920.
    To make it worse, the phone thought that a MIC was plugged in, so no one could really hear me in a call.

Found out the Jack was bad, ATT just replaced it right away.

The jack must be broken/bad; I tried the suggestions without any luck. Looks like I'll be heading to AT&T after work...

I had this issue, and turning tty/ttd on and then off in the ease of access settings fixed it, give that a try

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeita View Post
    I had this issue, and turning tty/ttd on and then off in the ease of access settings fixed it, give that a try
    what is tty ttd ?