Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #1  
    Happily got my yellow Lumia 920 on first day of launch in Singapore. However, after playing with it for just less than 3 weeks.
    One column of the display just shows a line of green.

    Ahh.... my pureview display..... can nokia replace me a new yellow lumia 920? really don't want to switch back to android.
    Anyone have the same problem as me?
  2. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccube1 View Post
    Happily got my yellow Lumia 920 on first day of launch in Singapore. However, after playing with it for just less than 3 weeks.
    One column of the display just shows a line of green.

    Ahh.... my pureview display..... can nokia replace me a new yellow lumia 920? really don't want to switch back to android.
    Anyone have the same problem as me?
    When did you drop the phone ? :) - seriously that's a hardware issue - either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged. Either is possible, but you'll need to get it repaired.
  3. matthewryans's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #3  
    Lucky you! Singapore took Indonesia's yellow stocks. Even pre-orders weren't met for white and yellow colors :(
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    When did you drop the phone ? :) - seriously that's a hardware issue - either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged. Either is possible, but you'll need to get it repaired.
    This is quite the assumption. Years ago I got an HP touch display laptop that developed the same exact issue after being nothing but babied. I agree it's a hardware issue, but dropping does NOT necessarily need to be the cause.
  5. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    This is quite the assumption. Years ago I got an HP touch display laptop that developed the same exact issue after being nothing but babied. I agree it's a hardware issue, but dropping does NOT necessarily need to be the cause.
    Note I did say "either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged" - its a hardware failure. Could be manufacture fail. Could be drop. Nokia will likely replace it free either way,
  6. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewryans View Post
    Lucky you! Singapore took Indonesia's yellow stocks. Even pre-orders weren't met for white and yellow colors :(
    I happy that I am able to get yellow... but now the screen spoil my christmas now.
  7. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    When did you drop the phone ? :) - seriously that's a hardware issue - either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged. Either is possible, but you'll need to get it repaired.
    I have not dropped the phone. it just developed itself ...
  8. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #8  
    sent for service ... Nokia is not willing to replace a new lumia for me...
    gave me a old N9 as temporary replacement while waiting for repair... contact cannot transfer to N9 from window phone as is meego. why don't nokia give me a windows phone as a temporary phone. no I have the phone but no contact at all, cannot do much also .. feel so sad :(

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 920 Display Bug
    By chatafrata in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 06:44 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 03:31 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
  5. Why the Lumia 920 wasn't displayed in Cyan
    By baileystein in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

B