Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

What the ****? Product Support Tool for Store cannot recognize my Lumia 920.
    RM-821 is not in the list...
    What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by csw43 View Post
    I have a lumia 920 that i purchased on PAYG with EE in the UK. i have since had it unlocked via code from fonefunshop. I am thinking of flashing the UK unbranded firmware 059R075 but have noticed a simlock.bin file in the firmware i have downloaded. Can anyone please tell me whether this is going to affect my unlock status if i flash it ?
    I am not concerned about missing any 4g option at this stage as i am using the phone on my old Orange contract which has no 4g data enabled.

Thanks in advance
    To answer my own question and maybe help somebody else..........I flashed the unbranded CV UK Rom and the simlock bin file did not affect my unlock at all. I'm now running Portico on my unlocked UK EE Lumina 920 with no problems at all
    Thanked by:
    Jips 

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    here is another quesion which is kind of lame and will **** you off but i have to ask it
    Im a patient person and can wait for the official update that will be downloadable directly from the phone
    will it be available anytime soon in my lumia 920 or what ???

Try updating the NCS See attached picturecapture.jpg. Mine was like yours until I updated

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Cutler View Post
    NCS still wont recognize my L920. I still get the red "X" like another user posted a few posts back. button on bottom left is grayed out. :(
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by AccentAE86 View Post
    What i want to know is if you can take an AT&T phone, flash it with a rogers image. Will that suddenly enable pentaband support? Because I'd love to get my hands on a yellow or red 920 but I NEED pentaband support as I am on Wind. Anyone brave enough to try this???
    The ATT version doesn't have Pentaband radios in it, so this won't work. What I want to know, is if you flash an ATT phone to Rogers, will that change what sim cards you can use? Or is it still locked to ATT?

Quote Originally Posted by csw43 View Post
    To answer my own question and maybe help somebody else..........I flashed the unbranded CV UK Rom and the simlock bin file did not affect my unlock at all. I'm now running Portico on my unlocked UK EE Lumina 920 with no problems at all

Nothing better to do tonight :)
    I have a 920 from P4U using an EE Sim. Downloading the variant you have to see if I can update too. (Also downloading my original just in case)
    Will report back on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Jips View Post
    Nothing better to do tonight :)
    I have a 920 from P4U using an EE Sim. Downloading the variant you have to see if I can update too. (Also downloading my original just in case)
    Will report back on the other side
    UPDATE

All went OK. Came out the other side on Portico

Screenshots attached. Many thanks one and all

capture.jpg
    wp_ss_20121231_0002.png
    Thanked by:
    Nabkawe5 and mathewhayward like this.

Well done fella !! I've encountered no problems so far, haven't really had chance to try the camera out in good lighting conditions yet, I'll do that tomorrow. Hope all is OK with yours.

Happy New Year All

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    If I flash my phone, will I still be able to receive future OTA updates from Microsoft/Nokia or will I be stuck on the Portico ROM? Sorry if the question is stupid, but I've never done anything like this before. I'm interested in flashing my phone, though, because I think it might help my battery :)
    you'll receive all future updates (including software and ota ) specially if you flashed the correct Product Code.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    you'll receive all future updates (including software and ota ) specially if you flashed the correct Product Code.
    Ok, thanks! Now I just have to wait for my product code. It looks like the Singapore variants will be a little late to the party.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Actually, what would happen if I flashed the wrong product code? I don't think there's much difference between my carrier free Singapore version and other carrier free versions. Would something go wrong?

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeLongJustice View Post
    The ATT version doesn't have Pentaband radios in it, so this won't work. What I want to know, is if you flash an ATT phone to Rogers, will that change what sim cards you can use? Or is it still locked to ATT?
    Well, that's where the line fades to grey. Everyone is pretty sure that the AT&T, Rogers, and the Build Dev phones all are pentaband capable, but AWS band IV is locked out only by software on the AT&T phones. The clue is that they all sport the same FCC ID: PYAA, which would probably have to mean they all have the same radio transmission capabilities.

So if the hardware is the same (we can only assume), I'm wondering if you flash an AT&T 920 with the Rogers firmware, will it suddenly unlock band IV? And therefore, let us use AT&T phones on T-Mobile, WIND, and Mobilicity?

That's what I REALLY want to know!!! Anyone brave enough to try for me??
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 620, and 520
    Past mobiles: E6, N8, N900, X7, C5-04, C3-00, N93, 5310xm, 6620, 3100, 6275i, 6310i, 6190 and a few ericcsons, motorolas, and even tried some androids and iphones

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Sot View Post
    What the ****? Product Support Tool for Store cannot recognize my Lumia 920.
    RM-821 is not in the list...
    What am I doing wrong?
    This was my problem for the longest time. Turns out I installed older version of NCS(Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.40.5.8). Downloaded and re-installed Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5 version and wala. My Lumia920 was recognized and was able to update CV HK version. Although I also had to put the FW I downloaded from Navifirm manually on C:\Program Files\Nokia\Packages\Products.

my phone came with a hong kong version so i flashed a random version that i thought was australian but it was german!! but it worked fine, no problems, then i re flashed it to Telstra which is my local network, and it is fine, so in my case there was no issues, but I'm sure its a possibility that something could go wrong.

If my product code is not on the list, does it mean I have to wait until February '13?
    Quote Originally Posted by AccentAE86 View Post
    Well, that's where the line fades to grey. Everyone is pretty sure that the AT&T, Rogers, and the Build Dev phones all are pentaband capable, but AWS band IV is locked out only by software on the AT&T phones. The clue is that they all sport the same FCC ID: PYAA, which would probably have to mean they all have the same radio transmission capabilities.

So if the hardware is the same (we can only assume), I'm wondering if you flash an AT&T 920 with the Rogers firmware, will it suddenly unlock band IV? And therefore, let us use AT&T phones on T-Mobile, WIND, and Mobilicity?

That's what I REALLY want to know!!! Anyone brave enough to try for me??
    Well, I certainly hope you're right! I would think someone has tried this by now? I would love to buy the cyan version of the phone on attending and eventually get it for tmobile with 3g bands, but I don't have a lot of faith :(

You need to update your Nokia Care Suite to the newest version, there is an option to check for update in NCS.

The link which is provided here downloads an older version of NCS.

Any feedback on the GB variant?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti Bob View Post
    Any feedback on the GB variant?
    I have been using it for few days - it works well, feels speedy ... I think that there is a lot of bug fixes applied for music players, camera improvements, option to keep wi-fi alive when screen is out, answering by SMS, etc. ... about 4G, I can not comment as I can not see it there (settings - cellular, as the highest connection speed. however, I can see a such 4G option in access point of my operator), but I am NOT on the area now that has a single 4G network as well as I have only 3G contract by my operator ...
    Thanked by:
    Tahiti Bob likes this.

No 4G is fine by me, I'm on Three. Any little annoyance you can mention? Something that doesn't work well or as well? I get reboots but not that many that I'm desperate to update. Still, knowing that it's there, it's hard to resist :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti Bob View Post
    No 4G is fine by me, I'm on Three. Any little annoyance you can mention? Something that doesn't work well or as well? I get reboots but not that many that I'm desperate to update. Still, knowing that it's there, it's hard to resist :)
    None, like I said all works well and it feels speedier now ... they, MS and Nokia, might make some fine tuning before a final update will be released here in Europe, like applied for audio, bluetooth, etc. ... well, Nokia can still improve camera sw and I am pretty sure that it will happen by the next updates ... signals are good and no problems with home's, work's or hotels' wi-fi at all ... I have been surprising how well Nokia maps works during my holiday - GPS is almost always found in few seconds without internet connection and it really follow me in a real time, so I can just look an offline map and walk, knowing all the time where I am and and what way I am going (of course, I downloaded that offline country map by Nokia maps before my holiday) ...
    Thanked by:
    Tahiti Bob likes this.

Hi, It looks like I found the answer to the "no 4G on UK roms" question
    Basically any 820 or 920 handset sold sim free to the UK market is only 3G enabled, any handset sold by EE is 4G enabled for EE!
    When the other operators launch their 4G networks then Nokia and the operators will supply an update to make handsets compatible.
    Source Nokia Lumia 920 4G LTE Clarification - Insider Blog - Expansys.com UK Watch the video.

Thanks, I'm now seriously thinking about it :)

Guys,

I have the Singapore Starhub Unlocked Variant (059Q956) which hasn't come up with the Portico update yet. I am in India and was getting a little scared to change things as the product hasn't been launched in India yet. I saw this thread (via the WPCentral article) and noticed that the India Portico update was present (although the phone still isn't launched here!). That was all the push I needed and I rooted the phone to the India variant (059R2B8). Worked like a charm. No issues. Even the Microsoft Backup worked brilliantly.

Thanks everyone on this thread. Everytime I had a issue, the solution was already posted. Brilliant stuff folks. Kudos to all and specially Nabkawe5 for posting this. There is just one thing I disagree with him on i.e. the need to stick to product code - I know he is just trying to be extra cautious but I don't think it is needed.

Just noticed the EE UK files are on the system now (not for the black one though) - happened about 5 minutes after I flashed a generic one to my P4U EE 920 !! Currently downloading the files for the white one (mines is black)

UPDATE: Seems to have gone OK. I'm currently restoring my backup data. Shame you can't recover a homescreen setup
    Last edited by stueyboy; 01-02-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Jips