Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Quote Originally Posted by gg31hh View Post
    Hi All,

I would like to ask. If say I dont like portico update.. Can i still downgrade back to my previous Release variants? (additional Q : Will nokia centre notice if I had upgrade and then downgrade?)

Im using: RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 .......... (but when I plug into Nokia Care suite 5... it let me download RM-821_CV_ID_12421_VaR245048_V5_Black)
    000-ID

EDIT: I actually want to flash the HK version of Portico.. please advice
    Guys please... I been itching to update mine.. but worry with those question.. if someone please enlighten me
  2. drg

So if this is showing up on navifirm does this mean we should get the update soon anyway?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Ok thanks and I've tried "everything" by now ;) UAC always off as well and everything as administrator- .FFU-file re-downloaded several times and it seems that with .40 and .45 of NCS the file is downloaded and after a check deleted.
    Updated to the .51 of NCS and after that it seems difficult to download except from online mode which needs an account. However, in offline mode and with already downloaded
    files NSC now reports this after verifying the package before flashing:
    new-ncs.jpg
    wrong.jpg
    I've check-summed the .FFU file and always get the same check sum after each download so maybe they've protected the file...
    Something is fishy here...;/
    /Per
    Last edited by Perus; 12-27-2012 at 12:24 PM.

This update doesn't seem to fix the camera sharpness issue... At least I hope it doesn't, because it still looks like I'm shooting photos inside a dream (i.e. they're foggy and blurry). Of course it doesn't help either that some ***** flush-mounted the lens so it picks up all sorts of grease.
    Last edited by ballanda; 12-27-2012 at 11:15 AM.

I've just updated my Lumia 920 on EE UK with the RM-821 VAR EURO2 DE CV BLACK (059Q9L7) and so far seems to work fine if anyone wanted to have a go at their own :)

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kellow87 View Post
    I've just updated my Lumia 920 on EE UK with the RM-821 VAR EURO2 DE CV BLACK (059Q9L7) and so far seems to work fine if anyone wanted to have a go at their own :)
    What languages are available in that variant?

Regards,
    Per

There finally seems to be a UK image available, RM-821_CV_GB_VAR_261096, under build 1004. The product code matches my factory unlocked UK 920 (059R75).

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    For me the camera got massively improved and it became predictable and easy to use.

Is that UK code for Portico? and does it have 4G enabled in the menu because if it doesn't I'd rather wait for a UK EE version with 4G enabled by default.

I guess there really isn't much point in flashing out of the Belgian rom I have now if it doesn't add anything I don't already have ie, better pictures!

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverK View Post
    Is that UK code for Portico? and does it have 4G enabled in the menu because if it doesn't I'd rather wait for a UK EE version with 4G enabled by default.

I guess there really isn't much point in flashing out of the Belgian rom I have now if it doesn't add anything I don't already have ie, better pictures!
    me too....

I rather wait to find an EE keeping it close to normal to keep warranty.

I'm not worried about the warranty as long as it is flashed back to the original firmware before its returned for a warranty repair.

I'm more concerned about getting a brick because the flash failed for whatever reason, I only installed the Belgian rom for the improved photos which didn't actually happen so I will just wait for a new ROM that gives me better photos and 4G enabled before I flash again.

Quote Originally Posted by Perus View Post
    What languages are available in that variant?

Regards,
    Per
    what language do you need and I can check :)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Point View Post
    There finally seems to be a UK image available, RM-821_CV_GB_VAR_261096, under build 1004. The product code matches my factory unlocked UK 920 (059R75).
    Can anyone confirm if this is portico and if it enables 4G in the settings? Thanks

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm if this is portico and if it enables 4G in the settings? Thanks
    Is your phone Black ? , if it is then yes you're eligible for the update.

Yes it is portico. But unfortunately there is no option to enable 4G in settings. Why on earth do they disable 4G on international unlocked. This really have me baffled?

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I have that option enabled in my international version . :)

i bought it from expansys uk but i use it in Greece. if i update to portico RM-821_CV_GB_VAR_261096, under build 1004. ,why will i lose my warranty? it is the same product code

Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    I have that option enabled in my international version . :)
    Not if you flashed the GB portico update. And if your running portico then you flashed a non international portico and the your phone can't be considered the international version.

this warranty thing is silly - just reflash to the original version if you need to send it off to Nokia.

Does the UK version have better photos or just a few bug fixes and no 4G?! because there really isnt any point switching ROM over that again.

image for 059R75 disappeared. Which international version has 4g option enabled?
    Updated with the rm821 euro2 de cv white firmware (059Q9L9) my international unclocked phone and everything runs fine and i've the 4G option.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Winkowski View Post
    Updated with the rm821 euro2 de cv white firmware (059Q9L9) my international unclocked phone and everything runs fine and i've the 4G option.
    this version is for Deutschland,isn't it?

please help, I installed the noia care suit, but when i launch the "open product" there is no RM-821 listed. When I connect my lumia 920 I get a "phone not suported" message. Any ideas?

hey there. For me the 920 is not listed in the "open product" selction at all please help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help.png  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki_13 View Post
    this version is for Deutschland,isn't it?
    Yes it is. My phone is unlocked one from germany also.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast