- 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM #1
Nothing happens when I try to hard reset my phone, it just boots up like it normally does.
Here's what I do: I turn the phone off, hold volume down + power + camera until it vibrates, after which I let go of the power button and continue to hold the other buttons for approx. 5 seconds.
So, am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by phize; 12-24-2012 at 04:42 PM.
- 12-26-2012, 03:41 AM #10
You are giving old information about hard reset. It worked with Windows phone 7, but in WP8 it is bit different. Read here, from official source: Nokia Lumia 920 Troubleshooting - os reset - Nokia - USA
- 12-26-2012, 08:34 AM #15
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
4. Volume down
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.
03-29-2013, 11:58 AM #17
- 33 Posts
I thought I bricked my phone last night. Called AT&T and they are sending me another one and then I find the Nokia instructions on how to do a hard reset and it worked. I had the blue screen of death and now it is setting up. Thanks Loukkis - this hard reset does work.
- By jensenharris in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 05-01-2013, 02:10 AM
- By TenTwelve in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
- By Stanley Harp in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
- By ronikaps in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-20-2011, 03:43 PM
- By markwill in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 6Last Post: 05-29-2011, 12:28 PM