12-23-2012, 02:18 PM #1
- 23 Posts
Maybe you all can help me.
I am a big WP fan (bought a first gen WP for the wife) and I am very eager to get a Lumia 920 (any colour really, except maybe Black).
I am in the Caribbean, so I would need an unlocked phone with "all the bands" (just to be safe).
Where can I purchase one? I don't mind having to purchase one locked to any particular network and then getting an unlock code.
From where I stand it is so frustrating... I really do want the phone. I would have no problem paying 600 or 700 etc that an unlocked device might go for, but I can't find one anywhere.
Can someone point me anywhere? Could I buy one from Rogers in Canada and then unlock it?
I see Phones4u in the UK are selling SIM free, which isn't the same as unlocked.
05-13-2013, 09:13 AM #4
- 10 Posts
Actually, the only Lumia 920 that supports all LTE and GSM bands, is the Developer Edition Lumia 920 which is not for sale (I have one). That version is slightly unstable as my phone will constantly be switching bands and sometimes in the midst of switching, the connection is lost and it goes to EDGE. Not sure if its a problem with my device
- By kathryncheng in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 21Last Post: 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
- By sajus in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 14Last Post: 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
- By zxeonz in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
- By zxeonz in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM
- By geekmaster in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM