Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

For the last two nights I have tried to use the headphone jack on my phone. With two different sets of speaker, all I get is buzzing and clicking out of the speakers. Is anyone else having this issue?

I haven't tested with headphones, but when we were using navigation with my wife's 920 and it was plugged in to the speakers there was some audible noise when turning the volume up a bit.

I've been listening to Nokia Music on inexpensive ear buds for the last week, before and after the Portico update, and have not experienced any issues with noise. Often I'm reading on the kindle app while listening and still no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jdriscoll636 View Post
    For the last two nights I have tried to use the headphone jack on my phone. With two different sets of speaker, all I get is buzzing and clicking out of the speakers. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Is charger plugged in at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by jdriscoll636 View Post
    Not experienced this, but yes look for sources of interference. And try a simple soft reset,

Quote Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
    Is charger plugged in at the same time?
    No, I was just running both times off the battery. The first time I was just listening to music at work through a pair of computer speakers. The second time I was using my phone to test the speakers on a slot machine.
    I just discovered this today. I don't really use my headphone jack except in the car. Since I just got my car mount from ProClip I plugged everything in and noticed when I plugged in the audio cable I got the clicking and hissing you described. I started playing around with the jack while the audio cable was plugged in and found that if I wiggle the jack a bit I can make it go away. I also found that it will also cause the noise, or bring up the voice command, or fast forward/skip a playing song, or do some random stuff. There's really something wrong here and my wife's 920 is also showing the same behavior. Ugh! FML!

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts
    I've also noticed that sometimes using the headphone jack it causes my volume to act as if I'm holding down the volume down button........

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollifield View Post
    I just discovered this today. I don't really use my headphone jack except in the car. Since I just got my car mount from ProClip I plugged everything in and noticed when I plugged in the audio cable I got the clicking and hissing you described. I started playing around with the jack while the audio cable was plugged in and found that if I wiggle the jack a bit I can make it go away. I also found that it will also cause the noise, or bring up the voice command, or fast forward/skip a playing song, or do some random stuff. There's really something wrong here and my wife's 920 is also showing the same behavior. Ugh! FML!
    I tried my Bose head phones and couldn't get make any of the pops or hisses. Which leads me to believe that the jack doesn't like all 3.5 mm plugs.