Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ttsoldier
  • 1 Post By Abhishekpandey

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Mine can't even jump / drag / swipe forward/backward or tap (that horizontal line below Play Pause button) to a specific time frame to skip

Am I the only one having this issue :(
    Help!!!
    Last edited by chobits; 12-23-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Just press and hold the Forward or Back buttons on the player to advance or rewind the song or video. It sucks but that's your only option right now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts
    This functionality just proves how off base Microsoft is when it comes to Music and Videos. It's so strange that it's not intuitive. Frankly, I feel the music app is the weakest part of the platform. Luckily, these issues can be so easily fixed. In this day and age, the code could be fixed in days and published in a few weeks. Common Microsoft, lets get on the ball. This is a really big deal.

First post in this forum. I bought a L820 about two weeks ago, moving from an ancient iPhone 3G. I am amazed at how lacking the media player is! I mean, you can't even move the track manually (by hand)! It can't put automatic placeholders, so when I resume listening to a podcast that I took a break from, I have to try and remember roughly where I was when I left off AND STILL hold the fforward button down!

There are other things, but this is the most annoying being the heavy podcast listener that I am. For all the pomp and spectacle of WP8, you would think that it would have these incredibly basic features out the box. I've had bootleg iPods from Hong Kong from 7 years ago that handled music better!

Please, someone tell me that I'm missing something. There's gotta be an update on the way, right?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yes it does suck. What's worst is that there isn't a media player in the store.
  6. r4v

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinianIV View Post
    Please, someone tell me that I'm missing something. There's gotta be an update on the way, right?
    Don't hold your breath. It's like that from the beginning of WP7.

Global Posts
    2,846 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWindow8 View Post
    Yes it does suck. What's worst is that there isn't a media player in the store.
    VLC should be coming soon...
    Elrinth likes this.

I'll repeat this on this thread in case someone from MS is watching this: whenever someone asks me about my phone I tell them if music is important to them NOT to buy it. Considering how good the Zune was, this is just a travesty.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Press Volume up-down hard key once,
    After the information tittle drops downs from the top, hold the forward button there to forward/rewind track.
    It's sucks maybe MS will do something about it in coming time.
    We won't see VLC for WP8 before May this year.
    Source - VLC Media Player for Windows 8 coming in 3 months, Windows RT and WP8 to see release afterwards | WinBeta
    Phones
    Lumia 920 Black - Lumia 820 White - HTC Mozart - Motorola EX119 - LG Optimus 2X - Sony Ericsson W705 - Sony Ericsson W910i - Sony Ericsson W550i - Nokia 3315

Others
    Karbonn Smart Tab - Cowon S9 - Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia - Audio Technica ATH-M50 - HEAD-DIRECT RE-ZERO - Klipsch S4
    Elrinth likes this.

Thank you everyone who responded. On the bright side I can now play and download podcasts exactly how I like by using Wpodder. It's unfortunate, though, that it took a 3rd party to make an app that MS should have made themselves. Why do I get the feeling like this is going to be a reoccurring theme?

pdskep: Yes, it's unfortunate that MS dropped the ball so blatantly with the music player. What's worse is that they don't seem to care about amending it. I really wanted to support WP8, but I'm also going to have to be honest to others about how insulting some aspects of it are.