Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andygoes

Hello all

I have a problem with my lumia 920, if someone that have a android phone and writes to me by using facebook messenger for android the message does not go to my inbox and i need to open facebook on my lumia to see the message....

But it works on facebook messenger for iphone..... someone what know that to do?

This is a common issue with the way WP integrates with Facebook, unfortunately. The apps that people are using to send you messages are using FB messages instead of chat, whereas the messages embedded in the SMS tile uses Facebook chat. You can also catch this behavior when someone sends a chat but your computer might be logged in to FB and it comes in as a message. Not sure if this is FB's or MS's fault. It used to work a long time ago before FB differentiated between messages and chat.

Possible workaround: pin the messages page from the FB app to your start screen and pop in there periodically. Far from ideal, I know.

Yes I know but on fb messenger on iPhone don't have that problem

I have the same issue, since using windows 8 i noticed i'm always available on facebook chat everytime i logged on to fb via IE, even if i logoff (turn chat off then logoff) i believe people still see me as logged on and keep sending me messages via chat but somehow ends up on my fb messages inbox everytime i open fb

Yes i really hope ms will do a update for message app on wp8, so its more stable

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Knudsen View Post
    Yes I know but on fb messenger on iPhone don't have that problem

Right, because the iPhone app uses FB messenger, not FB chat, whereas WP uses FB chat in the embedded chat. If you are wanting to communicate with people the best current workaround is to pin the messages page from the FB app to your start screen. Unfortunately it does not appear to be a live tile on either WP7/8, so you'll have to periodically check it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Andygoes View Post
    Right, because the iPhone app uses FB messenger, not FB chat, whereas WP uses FB chat in the embedded chat. If you are wanting to communicate with people the best current workaround is to pin the messages page from the FB app to your start screen. Unfortunately it does not appear to be a live tile on either WP7/8, so you'll have to periodically check it. :/
    I dont understand? you iphone uses fb message and android uses fb chat, so wp must also uses fb message????

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I agree, MS needs to work this out ASAP. I'm one of the few who doesn't pay for text, so I depend on chat services like FB/Skype/Kik. Notifications work for a few days, then just stop. I need to open the app to see if someone is messaging me. Skype worked for a while on my L920 then just stopped, no notifications. I moved over to FB chat, again a few days then no notifications. Finally, started using Kik and it worked longer than FB or Skype, but like the others it stopped working. Good Grief!

Are you sure about WP8 using Facebook chat? I sent an FB message to a friend via the WP "SMS" client and never received a reply. So after a couple of days I logged in to facebook itself and saw that my message was in my FB Messages section, including a reply, which I've still not received on my phone. BTW the reply was sent via the iOS FB messenger app.

Either way this is pretty crap as the FB integration has been a much-vaunted aspect of WP8.
    Hello all

I have a problem with my lumia 920, if someone that have a android phone and writes to me by using facebook messenger for android the message does not go to my inbox and i need to open facebook on my lumia to see the message....

But it works on facebook messenger for iphone..... someone what know that to do?
    Use IM+.

It is same as Fb messenger for iPhone and Android.

Quote Originally Posted by wozburger View Post
    Are you sure about WP8 using Facebook chat? I sent an FB message to a friend via the WP "SMS" client and never received a reply. So after a couple of days I logged in to facebook itself and saw that my message was in my FB Messages section, including a reply, which I've still not received on my phone. BTW the reply was sent via the iOS FB messenger app.

Either way this is pretty crap as the FB integration has been a much-vaunted aspect of WP8.
    Yes, I am sure. Facebook groups everything together on the web, but in the mobile world FB Messenger (stand-alone Android and iOS apps) and FB Chat (built-in WP) are two separate things.

I agree it uses the chat function too. Not sure if you can do messaging though.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Use IM+.

It is same as Fb messenger for iPhone and Android.
    are you sure? If I write to a offline contact and he replay from fb messenger for iPhone I don't get he's replay
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The WP Facebook messaging implementation is unreliable, nothing you can do about that.

Still no Facebook message in built in message app

Works fine on my NL920. I can FB chat on my built-in messaging (text message) app.

If someone with Facebook messenger for ios/android writes to me I don't get message in my inbox

If someone with Facebook messenger for ios/android writes to me I don't get message in my inbox
    1. Did you set the 'Use Facebook Chat' to 'on' on you messaging settings?
    2. After #1, did you swipe left to 'Online' page under messaging and set you chat status to 'online'?

If someone is online from PC it works but not on fb messenger
    If someone is online from PC it works but not on fb messenger
    Is FB Messenger different than a FB app?

My wife sends me messages from her iPhone all the time and I always get them. I even get a big 1 sided conversation if I am ever chatting with her while I am on the PC. We use FB to chat instead of texts while we are at work.

I do not think she uses a messenger though, she uses the FB App. [I am Lumia 920, she is iPhone 5]