Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

which one is best?

I like Amazing Weather. Looks incredible. I showed the lightening forecast to tons of people and their jaws dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyLumia View Post
    which one is best?
    Weather Channel app is nice. It support wide live tile where you can see multi-day forecast also.

Kind of a toss up, depending on what you're looking for. Weatherflow is fantastic, I've had issues with Amazing Weather. Weather channel is really nice for the radar, that's something Weatherflow is lacking. :(

I am still going to say Weather Flow even though I haven't purchased it yet. The fact that it provides an amazing home screen with weather info. and the 3 sizing livetiles are just amazing.
    wp_ss_20121221_0001.jpg wp_ss_20121221_0002.png

So the two weather app that I use right now are Weather Flow (purchasing tomorrow), and AAA Weather, the hourly weather tiles are created by it. (they need to up the resolution though)

The best 3 Weather app:
    1. Amazing Weather
    2. Weather Flow
    3. BeWeather

(in my opinion
    )

I tried amazing weather, HATE how it shuts off music to play the HD video thing...
    I'm having live-tile issues with weather flow. The daily forecast on the double-wide refreshes as mon mon mon mon mon mon.... really annoying.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    none of these has a realistic HD tiles like the htc has in android , i realy miss that , the one that amazing weather has looks horrible IMO !
    any Idea !!?

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Another vote for Weather Flow. Bought it a long time ago, and love the newest update.

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    I am still going to say Weather Flow even though I haven't purchased it yet. The fact that it provides an amazing home screen with weather info. and the 3 sizing livetiles are just amazing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121221_0001.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	25274 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121221_0002.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	390.2 KB 
ID:	25275 I must second this. This one provides all the utilities you will ever need for a weather app. Amazing weather looks prettier, but at the end of the day, I feel weather flow just seems a bit more handy and it also looks great, ove the flip

So the two weather app that I use right now are Weather Flow (purchasing tomorrow), and AAA Weather, the hourly weather tiles are created by it. (they need to up the resolution though)

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I like weather flow. The only addition I would like to see included would be weather maps
    Red Lumia 920

Microsoft Weather. Simple and no problems with the live tile.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The Met Office weather app if you're from the UK, it's my favourite so far.

Weather Flow. The double-wide tile is awesome...you never even have to open the app. Live tile is very reliable as well.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    I picked Amazing Weather and WeatherLive over Weather Flow. Tried all three. I really need to eaisly see the daily chance of rain percentage. Amazing Weather shows this on their live tiles. Weather Flow does not. I picked WeatherLive at the same time as the live tile had more information. Currently on WP8 I am just using Amazing Weather. I do wish I could customize the tile myself though.
    I've tried Nokia's Weather Channel one, Amazing Weather and Weather Flow and it's a bizarre mix for me. I like the simplicity of the Nokia one but no matter what I do I can't get it to work off my actual GPS location. The Amazing Weather one has for me the best animations/visuals of any but it won't do lockscreen weather. Ideally I'd like a weather app that could tell me the weather on the lockscreen but I didn't have to replace the current Bing Maps random pic every day which I like. This is where Weather Flow comes in. Still has nice HD Visuals and while I don't find them as nice as Amazing Weather they're still good. Weather Flow also has the most useful live tile for me, telling me if it's cold or warmer than yesterday is a nice touch, but can also tell me more information if I want it. Weather Flow also drained my battery about 50% in one night so I'm not touching it until the drain there with the lockscreen is fixed.

For me the only thing I really want from a weather app is reliable information based from my current location. This way if I'm travelling I have the best weather info for where I am. WP8 seems to only let you pick up the current location based off the GPS location, and having that on all the time drains battery. On Android the weather app could tell me exactly this info using my mobile phone signal so I'm wondering why WP can't. Amazing Weather and Weather Flow do let me see what the nearest weather station's weather is which is pretty close to where I am so I suppose I'd have to edge towards one of those at the moment.

When Amazing Weather gets the lockscreen features and possibly more useful live tiles it'll win hands down but until then it's a bit of a stalemate for my needs.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The term "best" is a rather wide definition. What I look for the most is a good livetile, and WeatherMaster to me has the best one.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I sort of like Weather Bug. Used it in Android days and like the depth of info it provides.

Try Accuweather. I am satisfied with this app.....better than the weather channel.

If you like something simple that blends nicely with tiles get MSFT weather, works nice for me

Quote Originally Posted by dabdoub81 View Post
    none of these has a realistic HD tiles like the htc has in android , i realy miss that , the one that amazing weather has looks horrible IMO !
    any Idea !!?
    my live tile shows a HD tile as opposed to a solid color. it is set in the live tile options. I use Weather Flow.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I picked Amazing Weather and WeatherLive over Weather Flow. Tried all three. I really need to eaisly see the daily chance of rain percentage. Amazing Weather shows this on their live tiles. Weather Flow does not. I picked WeatherLive at the same time as the live tile had more information. Currently on WP8 I am just using Amazing Weather. I do wish I could customize the tile myself though.
    I use Weather Flow and the live tile has many options. I currently have the % chance of rain on my live tile along with 5 day forecast, and what some are calling a HD tile (as opposed to a solid color metro tile). I also have my lock screen set to current conditions with the hourly forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    Weather Channel app is nice. It support wide live tile where you can see multi-day forecast also.
    a little bit turn off by the commercial thou

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121221_0001.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	25274 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121221_0002.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	390.2 KB 
ID:	25275

What's the calendar app you're using to get the month view?
    rdubmu likes this.

Weather Flow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast