Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebone73 View Post
    I use Weather Flow and the live tile has many options. I currently have the % chance of rain on my live tile along with 5 day forecast, and what some are calling a HD tile (as opposed to a solid color metro tile). I also have my lock screen set to current conditions with the hourly forecast.

From all of the screenshots for Weather Flow, I do not see that is shows the rain percentage for each of the five extended days on the live tile or lockscreen. Amazing Weather does this for me, and is one of the reasons I picked it.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I prefer weather flow as well love the lock screen.

I had Weather Flow for a while but it keeps missing updates on Live Tile and the Lock Screen. It refreshes when I open the app, sometimes keeps refreshing each hour (I set it to hourly) sometimes skips refreshes. Installed Amazing Weather HD, works just fine. Has no lockscreen support but I don't think it'll be long before it gets that.

I have a tiny complaint :) Amazing weather live tile has some image compression artefacts. It's like it's composing a JPEG image for the tile and that shows around the text. Not a big deal though.

Just purchased Weather Flow for the lock screen integration - it's nice to get a quick glance at the upcoming weather. But when I want more detailed info I also have Weather Channel since it's more accurate for my area.
    david90531 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Amazing weather was causing massive battery drain after the update so I will try weather flow. The weather channel is meh. It works but not high resolution

Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    Amazing weather was causing massive battery drain after the update so I will try weather flow. The weather channel is meh. It works but not high resolution
    Get the app made by Nokia instead of Weather and the tile is high res.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Aaaaand weather flow is causing the same drain :/ Eurgh. I really love this app but damn, why is it draining my phone so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I picked Amazing Weather and WeatherLive over Weather Flow. Tried all three. I really need to eaisly see the daily chance of rain percentage. Amazing Weather shows this on their live tiles. Weather Flow does not. I picked WeatherLive at the same time as the live tile had more information. Currently on WP8 I am just using Amazing Weather. I do wish I could customize the tile myself though.
    it actually shows the chances of rain on the live tile now😊
    Sent from Lumia 920
    Thanked by:

Aaaaand weather flow is causing the same drain :/ Eurgh. I really love this app but damn, why is it draining my phone so much?
    I don't really notice that, how can you tell?
    Sent from Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    From all of the screenshots for Weather Flow, I do not see that is shows the rain percentage for each of the five extended days on the live tile or lockscreen. Amazing Weather does this for me, and is one of the reasons I picked it.
    I asure you weather flow shows that in the double side medium tile at least. The pic indeed doesn't show this, maybe it's because they updated the actually tile but left the instrbehinductions
    Sent from Lumia 920
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I agree with
    AmilM
    Thanked by:
    AmilM 

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Weather flow here, is the best imo

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    I asure you weather flow shows that in the double side medium tile at least. The pic indeed doesn't show this, maybe it's because they updated the actually tile but left the instrbehinductions
    Sent from Lumia 920
    I just did the trial again. The double wide tile does not have the next 5 days rain percentage on there. Amazing weather does. Thanks.

For Windows Phone 7, BeWeather hands down.
    I actually Like the weather app the most. once inside of the app, I believe it gives you the most information.

Nokia Weather Channel

I use amazing weather for the large live tile and weather flow for the lock screen weather. Until I can get weather updates on the lockscreen with amazing weather I'll continue using weather flow for that.
    Last edited by Steephill; 12-23-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    Are sure it is not something else? Quite the coincidence that both apps drain your battery.

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Another vote for Weather Flow, then Amazing Weather.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Are most people getting updates on their lock screen with Weather Flow? I have Weather Flow but the Lock Screen apparently never wants to refresh. It only does so after I launch the app and force a manual refresh. Kinda irking me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinky89484 View Post
    Are most people getting updates on their lock screen with Weather Flow? I have Weather Flow but the Lock Screen apparently never wants to refresh. It only does so after I launch the app and force a manual refresh. Kinda irking me.
    you check the update settings? I believe there is every 2 hours, every 6 hours, and manual update... sounds like you might have it on manual

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinky89484 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pjeung View Post
    you check the update settings? I believe there is every 2 hours, every 6 hours, and manual update... sounds like you might have it on manual
    Yep, double checked the settings. I have it set for an update every hour. The live tile seems to be updating just fine. It's just the lock screen that won't update.

For me it's AccuWeather, mainly because it has the best live tile. It's also quite feature-packed. It freezes sometimes though on WP8.

So I've been using Weather Channel and not fully pleased. I also have tried Weather flow and thought about buying it cuz its better then the former. But the battery life thing is a problem I'd agree. Then based on the discussion I downloaded Amazing Weather and am blown away. Has everything I need but really need to allow music ur already playing when that animation option is on. Does anybody know about the battery drain with Amazing Weather?

stormglass used to be the best (it's gone now) coz it tells you the weather of your current location and the choice of a fixed one, hope it comes back
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast