Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    The Portico Update is out today its time to get that bug list going. Post you issues and bugs in this thread. I will keep a running list.

• Out of focus photos

This is subjective some reporting great pictures others not. One thing is for sure pictures are better after the update

• Brightness pulsates

Possible fix:
    Lumia 920s suffering from brightness bug with Portico update? Here's a possible fix. | Windows Phone Central

• Bad Bluetooth

Bluetooth issues are usually caused by Bluetooth being out of sync power down the Bluetooth and restart or re pair the devices.

• Device gets hot possible battery drain

This could be caused by applications funning in the background. Possible solutions check what apps are running close apps. Also power off device to stop apps from running. This can be caused by a known issue with Skype Beta and can only be stopped by uninstalling Skype and reinstall. More on Skype Beta issues:

Skype and the constant syncing problem on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 12-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I just took a variety of shots inside and out. The camera is still very soft. I see no improvement to speak of. My Inspire 4G is still much, much sharper. Bummer...

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    what did you update? is the camera update already out?
    Lumia 920

I dont really notice a difference either. Ive only taken shots inside my office, so maybe it will be more noticeable outside or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjunk30 View Post
    I dont really notice a difference either. Ive only taken shots inside my office, so maybe it will be more noticeable outside or something?
    He just said he took photos inside AND out...

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    I've been taking closeups of my wall and the photos match my preview screen. Need more testing but hopeful!
    Jazmac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordXaero View Post
    He just said he took photos inside AND out...
    Thanks, I realize that. I was just stating my own experiences.

It wasn't always obvious for everyone to begin with. You will see a lot of people saying they don't see any difference. Only certain shots viewed at certain zoom can show the difference.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjunk30 View Post
    I took a few shots outside too. Some at 20 feet, some at infinity, some in between. It just lacks sharpness. The color is great, and overall the camera is more than acceptable. It's a shame that they can't make the pictures crisper. Maybe with the f 2.0 lens, this is all we can expect. It's a give-and-take I guess...

Time to go for the Nokia 808 ....

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Cat was moving but...
    wp_20121219_017.jpg

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    It wasn't always obvious for everyone to begin with. You will see a lot of people saying they don't see any difference. Only certain shots viewed at certain zoom can show the difference.
    I think that is right. I guess I was expecting too much. When I take a pic with my Inspire then zoom in all the way, at first it blurry, then is snaps into *crisp* focus. Same with my kids' iPhones. That sharpness/effect is just missing...

Global Posts
    2,847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdef View Post
    I think that is right. I guess I was expecting too much. When I take a pic with my Inspire then zoom in all the way, at first it blurry, then is snaps into *crisp* focus. Same with my kids' iPhones. That sharpness/effect is just missing...
    What update did you install?

I'm not noticing any improvement either.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    For me, its already improved. Pre update, the preview screen would be great, however, after pressing the shutter, the image would suddenly become a bit blurry. That doesn't seem to be the case, right now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshaw View Post
    For me, its already improved. Pre update, the preview screen would be great, however, after pressing the shutter, the image would suddenly become a bit blurry. That doesn't seem to be the case, right now.
    This...

+1
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    What update did you install?
    AT&T And Rogers are pushing out the Windows 8 Phone update.

Also, back on topic, I've taken a couple pictures and they seem pretty good to me. I just remind myself that I bought a phone and not a camera when I see any flaws in the pictures.
    Thanked by:

Woo~ that sounds like goody, i hated that on my WP7 and was surprised they didn't fix it yet in WP8

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Maybe my update didn't include the camera improvements. I just took a few shots of the pavement and I can see see the screen blur right after the image is captured.

I think people are putting too much weight on the preview image shown immediately after the shutter. I believe the reason it looks a bit sharper is because it didn't go through proper downscaling. If it uses the nearest-sample algorithm for downscaling (for faster rendering), it will give illusion of additional sharpness. For proper downscaling, one must use proper interpolation algorithm to avoid moire effects and also to reduce ISO noise.

Global Posts
    2,847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caikems View Post
    AT&T And Rogers are pushing out the Windows 8 Phone update.

Also, back on topic, I've taken a couple pictures and they seem pretty good to me. I just remind myself that I bought a phone and not a camera when I see any flaws in the pictures.
    Ya don't say!

What I meant was if he installed the Portico update... Or some other update..

i have two 920s so i was able to do a side by side comparison. Try a pic on a very close item(let's say the subject take over half the screen) and you will notice the difference.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    i have two 920s so i was able to do a side by side comparison. Try a pic on a very close item(let's say the subject take over half the screen) and you will notice the difference.
    Close up shots look very nice indeed. I thought this was supposed to address daylight photos though. I interpreted "daylight" to mean outdoor shots at non-macro distances.

Quote Originally Posted by rdef View Post
    Close up shots look very nice indeed. I thought this was supposed to address daylight photos though. I interpreted "daylight" to mean outdoor shots at non-macro distances.
    normal pics are also better if you have them side by side, but they are not that noticeable compared to close up shots. I gave the example to umm, gave a way for those who cant do side by side to check if there's indeed improvements on the camera..
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Just took some shots in the backyard at various distances. Definitely notice an improvement in the sharpness. Much more defined lines in the fence slats.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast