Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    front facing camera is MILES better now. Before the update, it couldn't even compare to FFC on Lumia 900.
    I didnt know that was getting updated to..

less fuzzy? just better picture quality overall?

I'm on ATT and so far everything as gone great, it rebooted and the gears are spinning for I would say the update, what I'm suprised about is that I have been doing the entire update on battery ... The only thing it would not let me do is the update over my LTE I needed to sign into a wireless connection, even though my LTE is Faster than Wireless..

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOAHesco View Post
    I didnt know that was getting updated to..

less fuzzy? just better picture quality overall?
    definitely more sharpness to it. Before update, my ffc always looked milky and pretty much unusable. Now, it's on par with Lumia 900.

I'm in the process of updating and the gears have been spinning for a really long time (almost 30 minutes now). How long did it take for you guys to install the update?

Has anyone notice the audio update? volume and sound quality are much better. Fuller sound at lower audio levels it seems.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Just finished the update a few moments ago and it looks like they may have fixed some live tile issues.

As soon as everything came back online the Store popped up with several updates for me (Flixster, Amazon Mobile) Before I wasn't really getting any update notifications.

The phone did get really warm for a few minutes and it's seemed to calm down. I'm assuming it might have just been doing some background work after the install (cleanup?) even though I had no apps in the background.
    Red Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaLumia920 View Post
    I'm in the process of updating and the gears have been spinning for a really long time (almost 30 minutes now). How long did it take for you guys to install the update?
    hmm about 30 min total for everything

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Less than 10 minutes for mine
    Red Lumia 920

About 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by eharris55 View Post
    Has anyone notice the audio update? volume and sound quality are much better. Fuller sound at lower audio levels it seems.
    would be nice for music playback volume to be separate from call ring volume.. blah, was hoping for that
    avsef likes this.

The spinning gears only lasted about 5 minutes for me. Then it restarted and started migrating my data. The last time my Lumia 920 was stuck on the spinning gears was when it got bricked from doing a factory reset... :X

about 20 min

eharris55: Does that go for dialing aswell, no more having your own voice enhanced by the speaker?

The 4 updates after the wheels are taking quite sometime but I'm sure its worth the wait...

It took about 25 minutes total, went smoothly. included the update to display + touch.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

I havent checked call quality yet. Uploaded music and xbox live music sound much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_Q View Post
    The spinning gears only lasted about 5 minutes for me. Then it restarted and started migrating my data. The last time my Lumia 920 was stuck on the spinning gears was when it got bricked from doing a factory reset... :X
    I've been having intermittent issues with the phone for the past 3 days, it seems like I will need to swap this for another Lumia 920 (especially if it gets stuck updating forever). Luckily, I am still within the 14 day time period so I shouldn't have too much difficulty exchanging it. I've been having issues with battery life (usually dies within 6-8 hours), no audio on calls (must soft reset to fix), data connection cuts in and out, and now it seems to be stuck in the middle of the Portico update.

I've been having intermittent issues with the phone for the past 3 days, it seems like I will need to swap this for another Lumia 920 (especially if it gets stuck updating forever). Luckily, I am still within the 14 day time period so I shouldn't have too much difficulty exchanging it. I've been having issues with battery life (usually dies within 6-8 hours), no audio on calls (must soft reset to fix), data connection cuts in and out, and now it seems to be stuck in the middle of the Portico update.
    Sounds like bad luck to me. Swapping it out might be a good idea. I swapped mine out, and after a successful factory reset (for my own user error) I average about 14-18 hrs on moderate to moderately-heavy use. And btw, my update just finished. Went smoothly so yours probably shouldn't be taking that long.

Give it time, the whole process lasted around 15 min for me, maybe more, I wasn't really timing it. the spinning gears definitely lasted more than 5 min for me.

I started the update at approximately 10:15am PST, it's already been almost an hour and the gears are still spinning. :'(

Just had a random reboot...

more free storage. i went from 18.xx to 19.xx gb. not much change to the rear camera though=.=

i passed the spining gear about 10 minutes ago and it shows a nokia icon since then....am i stuck?

I'm on AT&T in SLC and was able to find the update and get it installed. It took over 30 minutes to complete (likely due to the amount of data I have on my device).

Captures:

The one thing I noticed that they didn't fix was the Linked Inbox start tile reappearing on reboot. If you delete the Linked Inbox from the Start screen, and reboot, you'll see after the reboot completes that the Linked Inbox reappears on the start screen.

This should be fixed. If you delete it, it should stay deleted.

--SWH
    Last edited by SWH73; 12-19-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added thumbnails

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbyhome View Post
    I'm on ATT and so far everything as gone great, it rebooted and the gears are spinning for I would say the update, what I'm suprised about is that I have been doing the entire update on battery ... The only thing it would not let me do is the update over my LTE I needed to sign into a wireless connection, even though my LTE is Faster than Wireless..
    Yeah... Good thing I carry my Focus S around with me. I used internet sharing through that and it's downloading now. Slowly, but I don't leave work for another hour anyway. :)
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast