Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stmav
  • 1 Post By pookiewood

Hey gang, I originally purchased a black 920 on launch day. After much debating, I finally returned it due - for the most part - to the terrible battery life; and yes, I tried all the battery saving suggestions and because of the weird processing the camera software does for sunny photos.

Well.. I'm wanting my 920 back. Does anyone know if these problems have been resolved. I won't list the familiar problems we've all seen on here in the past month(s?) but we all know that there have been several small issues a lot of owners have had. Has Nokia fixed the battery and camera with an update yet? Or have these issues (and small others) been fixed perhaps in the second (or third?) batch of phones?

I loved my 920 but just couldn't keep it as it was. I'm hoping Nokia has fixed (or is fixing) the common problems with the phone so I can have it again... especially since I shattered my old iPhone screen a couple days ago.

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts
    There is an update being released today to address the camera issue and the reboot issue. Whether it address's the battery issue remains to be seen and won't be known for a couple of days.

Well - I think the update that is due today will help A LOT.

In addition, SEVERAL app updates have been released that I think also will help a lot, including whatsapp, Nokia drive, Nokia maps ... the list is too long. But I think you'll either be good to go, or extremely close after the updates today.

The more I use my 920, the more I am in awe.

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts
    Question is when is MS or Nokia gonna introduce a more comprehensive notification center?

Global Posts
    2,844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Question is when is MS or Nokia gonna introduce a more comprehensive notification center?
    They said they are working on it.

Patience.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Not everyone has the same question. Notification center is far down my list. And not a factor in my keeping the phone.
    pookiewood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpm277 View Post
    Hey gang, I originally purchased a black 920 on launch day. After much debating, I finally returned it due - for the most part - to the terrible battery life; and yes, I tried all the battery saving suggestions and because of the weird processing the camera software does for sunny photos.

Well.. I'm wanting my 920 back. Does anyone know if these problems have been resolved. I won't list the familiar problems we've all seen on here in the past month(s?) but we all know that there have been several small issues a lot of owners have had. Has Nokia fixed the battery and camera with an update yet? Or have these issues (and small others) been fixed perhaps in the second (or third?) batch of phones?

I loved my 920 but just couldn't keep it as it was. I'm hoping Nokia has fixed (or is fixing) the common problems with the phone so I can have it again... especially since I shattered my old iPhone screen a couple days ago.
    Talk to user geeknc... he's got a brand new cyan 920 that he is thinking of selling. Match made in heaven?
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Not everyone has the same question. Notification center is far down my list. And not a factor in my keeping the phone.
    I agree! Top of my list is probably customizable Notification tones and Alarms.
    stmav likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pookiewood View Post
    I'm with you on the customizable tones. I would love to be able to give text messages a different tone for certain people, like my ringtones.

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post

Ok make it one of the questions, follow up by when are they gonna ditch the unified VC.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Ok make it one of the questions, follow up by when are they gonna ditch the unified VC.
    Again, not high on my list. But as I should've said in my other post, I can see why it is a higher priority for some people. Though for me personally, the unified VC is over the notification center.

Quote Originally Posted by pookiewood View Post
    i agree with the notificaftion/text tones, but you can use customized tones for alarms.. i have mine set that way right now

I get about 48 hours of battery life. I did have a rapid burn issue a couple of days ago but that cleared up. I think you might need to turn the phone off every once and a while. I assume a location program got hung up and burned the battery out which caused the phone to go off. Once I recharged it, I got back to 48 hours of use.

I have wi-fi off unless I am using it. At home, I have wi-fi on and LTE off. I get a weak LTE signal at home which I think causes a fast battery burn. I have blue tooth and tap & send off. Location services on.

That setup lasts me about 48 hours.

Thanks for all the replies, guys! There are features I'd like to have on the phone but nothing that's a deal breaker. I just want it to work as it should, ya know?