Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Onerunjunior

Does anybody here have this case?
    BodyGuardz Armor Carbon Fiber for Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Phone Protective Films - The WP Central Store

I like the look of it - and am wondering what others opinions on it are. Is the case really "slippery"?

I"m also considering the Dura-Gel case for the extra grip
    Ventev Dura-Gel Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Phone Skin Cases - The WP Central Store

any opinions on either of thes cases would be very helpful. thanks!

I would also like to see real life pictures of these cases, especially the carbon fiber skin. I would like to get the white for my black L920 but these pictures only show the back and the top of the phone, I want to see how the front looks like with these skins
    My cousin's friend got the Carbon Fiber Ghost Armor on his iPhone 4S. I was considering it on my Lumia 920 until I saw a picture of it online. They're really just fancy stickers. They add some grip, but no legitimate protection. The guy I'm talking about also said he wouldn't try to put it on himself, but they charge $15 to put the thing on, so screw $45 for a Ghost Armor sticker. I'd imagine this is essentially the same.

I'm going to probably go with a generic TPU gel case for my phone because I want grip and a little bit of padding for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    My cousin's friend got the Carbon Fiber Ghost Armor on his iPhone 4S. I was considering it on my Lumia 920 until I saw a picture of it online. They're really just fancy stickers. They add some grip, but no legitimate protection. The guy I'm talking about also said he wouldn't try to put it on himself, but they charge $15 to put the thing on, so screw $45 for a Ghost Armor sticker. I'd imagine this is essentially the same.

I'm going to probably go with a generic TPU gel case for my phone because I want grip and a little bit of padding for my phone.
    I see.. yeah I wanted them only because at first I wanted my phone to be white but only black available here, if looks nice with it I don't mind, since it's not for protection really. But I'm still thinking.

TPU gel cases are great for many purposes so I would recommend it. I got a blue one for $5 from local chinese mall :D
    http://sdrv.ms/12ozCB1
    http://sdrv.ms/12ozFNm
    The side of the phone gives great grip too. I like.
    I also ordered some hard cases and they're on their way, will post pictures once I try them on.

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    I see.. yeah I wanted them only because at first I wanted my phone to be white but only black available here, if looks nice with it I don't mind, since it's not for protection really. But I'm still thinking.

TPU gel cases are great for many purposes so I would recommend it. I got a blue one for $5 from local chinese mall :D
    I also ordered some hard cases and they're on their way, will post pictures once I try them on.
    Does that have the loose thing at the bottom? Near the charging port?

Yeah, I've seen those online, but I'm not a fan. I don't like the two-tone "S" that runs down it. I'm more likely to get one of the more generic ones that's just a straight, bright blue.

Try wrapsol. They claim that the polyurethane protects from drops too. they have a few videos too.

Quote Originally Posted by jusatin View Post
    Does that have the loose thing at the bottom? Near the charging port?
    Hm It covers partially the front of the phone too, if that's what you meant, but I think that's good protection

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Yeah, I've seen those online, but I'm not a fan. I don't like the two-tone "S" that runs down it. I'm more likely to get one of the more generic ones that's just a straight, bright blue.
    Get whatever you prefer :)

Well I went ahead and ordered the BodyGuardz Armor Carbon Fiber skin - mainly because I really like the looks of it. We shall see how it is when it arrives :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Hm It covers partially the front of the phone too, if that's what you meant, but I think that's good protection
    I think he means the small bottom section right above the charging port. The knock on cases such as this is that bottom part is very flimsy and doesn't hold it's shape or fitment to the bottom edge of the phone.

I've got it on my phone. I wanted something to protect the back when I set it down on stuff. It makes it not quite as slippery as bare naked but it not really grippy. The set comes with decals for the back, front, top, and bottom. I ended up taking them off the top and bottom because I didn't like the feel against my palm. Also, the pieces that go above and below the screen on the front didn't stay on very well so I removed them. Finally, the back piece that wraps around the side started to peel away so I had to do some more trimming. What was left was just the back and sides. I like it though. It feels like it will provide plenty of protection and gives a little more grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ridges View Post
    I've got it on my phone. I wanted something to protect the back when I set it down on stuff. It makes it not quite as slippery as bare naked but it not really grippy. The set comes with decals for the back, front, top, and bottom. I ended up taking them off the top and bottom because I didn't like the feel against my palm. Also, the pieces that go above and below the screen on the front didn't stay on very well so I removed them. Finally, the back piece that wraps around the side started to peel away so I had to do some more trimming. What was left was just the back and sides. I like it though. It feels like it will provide plenty of protection and gives a little more grip.
    Could we see pictures please and thanks~?

Could we see pictures please and thanks~?
    Sure but I won't be able to post any till tonight.

does wireless charging work with the bodygaurdz ?

(Sorry to revive a really old thread)

I just got mine in the other day for my black 920, and it works great. Gives the phone a much needed amount of grip. While it's not super grippy, it provides plenty of grip to hold on to without being overly grippy. It does pick up pocket lint a bit, but nothing a qiuck swipe on your shirt won't fix. I like it a lot, and it was super easy to apply. If you have a hairdryer, hit it on high for about 15 seconds and it will stick immediately and stay on perfect. The pieces that go above and below the screen don't stick very well, so I just took them off. I didn't apply the clear screen protector simply because the feel of the screen is fantastic and didn't want to cover it. Highly recommend it, just make sure you apply it to the phone with some heat otherwise the edges will most likely peel up. Everything works fine on the wireless charging as well, none of the ports are blocked and it adds much needed grippiness and scratch protection.
    Thanked by:
    david90531 likes this.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Great to hear you're a fan of it. Really appreciate the feedback and thanks for choosing us!