Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdogy View Post
    Very interesting ---- it does work on my 2011 Ford F-150.
    Are you letting it index your music? I've got an Explorer and Sync isn't able to index all the music on my Lumia 920 at all, even after a couple hour long drive.

Got no problems with my 2011 328i BMW playing music from my nokia 920. I get access to all songs, albums, etc

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    Kia Forte Koup SX, same problem. Won't charge, media not found. Bluetooth works fine, but the car can't control it for some reason.
    I never found Bluetooth connections allow me to control anything other than basic call functions even with my iPhone. The only times I got the controls to work was using the iPod connector.

My Sony stereo lets me charge, listen to music and take calls and listen to messages luckily. Its not the stereo that come with the car but it does everything for 100 :)

Only annoyance is sometimes it doesn't automatically connect to bt but i hear that will be updated.

I take it there is no way of linking one of the buttons on the stereo to the windows button so i can call out without touching my phone??

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    My Sony stereo lets me charge, listen to music and take calls and listen to messages luckily. Its not the stereo that come with the car but it does everything for 100 :)

Only annoyance is sometimes it doesn't automatically connect to bt but i hear that will be updated.

I take it there is no way of linking one of the buttons on the stereo to the windows button so i can call out without touching my phone??
    Yeah that's the beauty of installing a half decent head unit into a car-it usually is about 100x better then whatever you had.

Mine doesn't charge in my Lexus, but it does in my Dodge. I think it is the software in the vehicle that is the issue, as someone else said, cars are designed specifically for particular devices.

Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post
    I own a Hyundai Sonata 2012 which has a USB port that worked perfectly for listening to music on my iPhone. It doesn't work with my Lumia 920 however. Says can't read device or something along those lines. Any solutions? Has anyone had success playing music through USB in their car?
    last time i checked, the sonata should have bluetooth compatibility. why don't you try that?

Surprisingly playing music over USB works in my 2012 Chevy Equinox. It doesn't recognize any media with DRM (music downloaded via Xbox Music that isn't purchased), but tracks I move to the phone manually work just fine. My display panel lists it as a 'Windows Vista' type device (if I'm not mistaken, I'd have to verify tomorrow for sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Ritsick View Post
    I put a head unit into my car and it doesn't even recognize it on USB. I need to go AUX but on the bright side, you can have a bit of a rigged hands free if you get an aux cable with a mic. It's like $15 at walmart and works great.
    I use a standard stereo cable and the mic on the phone stays active and works fine, unlike my Focus S and Titan II.

Just got a Samsung ATIV S. Initially same issues on 2009 BMW 650i.
    When plugging in you have to have the screen unlocked or it doesn't recognise.
    When it does finally connect, go to songs but states cannot play media.
    After doing some searching I tried an experiment that sort of worked.
    Converted media (Songs) to WMA and hey it worked!
    Then decided to convert all 20Gb. It is not working anymore.
    Put a smaller (8gb) card in and its working for a few songs.
    Will continue to try as I think there MUST be a work around...
    Hope this helps someone....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samsungATIVs View Post
    Just got a Samsung ATIV S. Initially same issues on 2009 BMW 650i.
    When plugging in you have to have the screen unlocked or it doesn't recognise.
    When it does finally connect, go to songs but states cannot play media.
    After doing some searching I tried an experiment that sort of worked.
    Converted media (Songs) to WMA and hey it worked!
    Then decided to convert all 20Gb. It is not working anymore.
    Put a smaller (8gb) card in and its working for a few songs.
    Will continue to try as I think there MUST be a work around...
    Hope this helps someone....
    doesnt work on my '08 idrive, I get USB device not supported error. BUT i didn't try it with the screen unlocked. Thanks for the tip

Although I think the older idrives never supported digital audio via usb or bluetooth (aside from calls). As far as i remember, the iphone hookup required aux be plugged in as well :(

I really just want to be able to stream my xbox music and control the volume/switch songs from my steering wheel
    Hey I was wondering if you knew why I am not able to change songs hands free when connecting my lumio 920 to the Bluetooth in the car. I have to change songs, pause and start through my phone and cannot access it through the cars system. It also does not show what song is playing, just says "MP3 Player". I know its not the biggest issue but its kind of annoying, and a bit dangerous when I have to change songs when I'm driving....

Let me know if you can help!

BT is the future fellas.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Naderi View Post
    Hey I was wondering if you knew why I am not able to change songs hands free when connecting my lumio 920 to the Bluetooth in the car. I have to change songs, pause and start through my phone and cannot access it through the cars system. It also does not show what song is playing, just says "MP3 Player". I know its not the biggest issue but its kind of annoying, and a bit dangerous when I have to change songs when I'm driving....

Let me know if you can help!
    My car is the same way.
    My understanding is that this is based on the stereo you're using, as some stereos can control the phone. It must be based on the level of BT support the stereo has.

I have this after market head uint...AVIC-F900BT - In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback and Built-In Bluetooth | Pioneer Electronics USA

I can make calls via bluetooth but I cannot play my music from my Lumina 920. When I play music it comes out of the phone's speaker. Anyway to get this to work to have music play via bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by 920Strong View Post
    I have this after market head uint...AVIC-F900BT - In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback and Built-In Bluetooth | Pioneer Electronics USA

I can make calls via bluetooth but I cannot play my music from my Lumina 920. When I play music it comes out of the phone's speaker. Anyway to get this to work to have music play via bluetooth?
    As long as it supports BT audio, then yes, it should work. Chances are after pairing the phone you need to change the audio source on the stereo to "Aux" or BT" channel. It likely doesn't happen automatically when you pair the phone.

You may want to get a hold of Pioneer's support group or their forums to see how you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    BT is the future fellas.

Until Bluetooth bumps up its audio quality, its NOT the future.
    Last edited by Dustin Moore3; 05-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post

Cool. Does this Sony allow you to skip and pause songs on your Windows Phone? I have a Pioneer, but it won't let me skip through songs, so I have to do this on the phone.

I do not think it possible to link the Windows button, but some Bluetooth devices support this. I gave my brother a device that have speech function, and when he presses the speech button its the same as the Windows button. That allows him to make calls without touching his phone.

My stereo is Sony-CDX-GT565UP It claims that MTP usb devices work. But it says 'Not Supported' when I connect my lumia 920 using usb cable.

I have a very similar and frustrating problem. I have got a Vauxhall Insignia. My IPhone used to work a treat and play music all the time with out even blinking.

My Nokia 920 however, will some times not recognise it and say there's no supported data, I have to unplug the USB and re-plug it several times before it works, other times it will pick it up and start playing but then stops after 1 song and you have to tell it to move to next track manually.

occasionally I am listening to music and I can hear a funny noise and it is playing through the Car stereo and playing a separate song through the phone speaker.

I really am considering moving back to IPhone as it just did what it should do and the car picked it up as an IPhone not a PNP device or what ever it is.

I listen it through Bluetooth connection instead. It's work perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Reader View Post
    I have a very similar and frustrating problem. I have got a Vauxhall Insignia. My IPhone used to work a treat and play music all the time with out even blinking.

My Nokia 920 however, will some times not recognise it and say there's no supported data, I have to unplug the USB and re-plug it several times before it works, other times it will pick it up and start playing but then stops after 1 song and you have to tell it to move to next track manually.

occasionally I am listening to music and I can hear a funny noise and it is playing through the Car stereo and playing a separate song through the phone speaker.

I really am considering moving back to IPhone as it just did what it should do and the car picked it up as an IPhone not a PNP device or what ever it is.
    I'm just surprised you found one that you can play music through via USB! I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I need to use BT for music with my Lumia.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I use Bluetooth for music streaming. Works wonders on my built-in Parrot MKi9200 and sounds really nice. Also the audio controls on bluetooth work as well.

I haven't tried the usb option yet but I don't see the need to.
    I am using Chevy Cruze (India) and my music system started playing songs/charging as soon as i connected.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12