Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By VisceralMonkey
  • 1 Post By George Ponder
  • 1 Post By dhruvz
  • 2 Post By InnocuousScreenname

I used to hate all those people who ***** around saying the lumia 920 is too damn heavy, all those reviewers give a low score because of the weight issue, it just pisses me off. I actually held 185g of stuff with my hand and go" No it isn't heavy at all! How come everybody complaints?"

That was not until I got my own 920.

I absolutely love every aspects of the phone, that's why I never put it down. But then the weight strikes. I never thought I would be saying this but this phone is too heavy to be used extensively. I play some games for an hour or so my wrist starts to complaint....

But in a strange point of view, maybe it is answering the call from ms/nokia in making mobile phone: a head-up experience that you should be using your phone at a minimal time and focus more on the real world and other people....

p.s. I still love my 920

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I just don't understand this, at all. I swear, do your people never do *anything* physical? It's like an entire generation of effeminate iPhone users suddenly screamed out in pain and were silenced...

I say this in humor, btw.
    Thanked by:
    mlm1950, jdhooghe, nander and 1 others like this.
    eh.. you're just out of shape.

While I like the size of the Lumia 900 a little better, I just can't see the 920 as being too heavy.

920-heavy.jpg
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    1,218 Global Posts
    No comment on how this is too heavy with extended use......

It weighs less than a double quarter pounder. Sheesh, get some exercise!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by George Ponder View Post
    eh.. you're just out of shape.

While I like the size of the Lumia 900 a little better, I just can't see the 920 as being too heavy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	920 heavy.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	24946
    I would presume that the weight of the Starbucks Drink lessens with use. Hopefully the Deli Thin Turkey would as well.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    How long have you had your phone? I went from a non-smartphone to the Lumia 920, and I obviously felt the added weight initially, but after a day, I hardly felt anything in my hand. Once you get used to it, you really don't feel it.

you must be a bit puny if you think it weighs too much.

I too were surprised when I had it in the beginning, and I thought it was heavy, but after a month it feels like any other phone. YOU WILL GET USED TO IT!

Like, srly man. lol

I actually love the extra weight

Quote Originally Posted by gerbilly View Post
    you must be a bit puny if you think it weighs too much.

As a matter of fact, I am

Still doesn't think this phone is "heavy", it is more weighted than most phones these days, but I love it. The feeling of it in my hands is wonderful (sorry if that may sound weird..)
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    tumblr_mchdr85eks1qlsnw1o1_500.jpg

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I agree it's heavy (compare to majority of the smartphones that came out lately), and I felt the weight of the device for the first couple of days. I came from using a Galaxy Note 1 and HTC One X (Actually still have both, and use it once in a while). So, yes it's heavy (relative to the modern smartphones), but not heavy that'll need a wheelbarrow lugging it around. I don't mind the weight actually, but for people that think it's not heavy is just being a ridiculous. The Lumia 920 is "heavy", and that's the truth.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I think the word "solid" is more appropriate than heavy..

Then again. I haven't held one yet.. mine comes on Christmas day... We'll see..
    I'm a 6ft tall, 135lb guy... I'm a toothpick of a man. I'm as scrawny looking as you get. Seriously. Make jokes, because I do. A gnat might actually have more muscle tone than me. I have a body fat index of 0. I'm also the guy who eats nothing but junk food and goes for 2nds, 3rds, 4ths at Thanksgiving and never gains a pound, etc. I eat all the damn time. I eat anything with sugar or meat, and I rarely eat vegetables.

And yet, I'm not a weakling. I often carry equipment my own weight around the office. I know the 920 is "heavy" (joke... let's keep George Ponder's graphic in mind, lol) especially compared to an iPhone or a Galaxy or the 8X, and yeah, I confess my hand will cramp from time to time from extended use, but I really don't feel it's prohibitively heavy. In fact, I would point out that doing anything for an extended period of time will create a sense of exhaustion or cause cramping... why else do people get carpal tunnel and other afflictions?

My advice to people is this... a) exercise regularly, and b) change positions once in a while, switch hands, grips, whatever. In other words, don't be a moron. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. By extension, don't hold your phone the same way for hours and hours and expect to feel good.

Read it somewhere...."This is no phone for men of the shire...it belongs to the real man of mordor" 😁
    Sent from my Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    nander likes this.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    odd, my iPhone 4 with neoprene case weighs the same as my 920.

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    odd, my iPhone 4 with neoprene case weighs the same as my 920.
    Why do people always make this comparison. lol.

So, if I add a neoprene case on the 920 it will be heavier than the iPhone 4 though, right?

honestly i think because of the weight, i don't fumble the phone as much... when it's overly light, you tend to lose "feel" of the phone.. i used to drop by focus all the time because of this.. i have yet to even get closed to dropping my lumia, and i think the solid weight has a little to do with that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    My cyan is sooo heavy I leave it home. Just kidding

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    If the phone is too heavy, and the love you feel dissipates, return it and get another device, such as the HTC 8x or the Lumia 820 (if you still want Windows Phone 8). I suggest staying away from the Galaxy Note 2, as that weighs 180 grams, unless you feel that a device that's five grams lighter is just light enough to be comfortable.

In the mean time, try not to use the Lumia 920 too often in case of a muscle pull. If injury does occur, try using an ice pack on the affected area, and enjoy a nice cup of chamomile tea. Make sure you're fully healed before attempting to use your handset.
    Ka Kit U and ttsoldier like this.

Global Posts
    1,218 Global Posts
    the term heavy amuses me......go outside and exercise, my 6 year old does not complain of extended use heaviness.......

It may be heavier compared to other newer phones, but it also does things other phones can't do

Global Posts
    2,508 Global Posts
    if you are coming from a flimsy Galaxy anything then yes you will think the Lumia is heavy. But to put things into perspective, over all the phones you see in my signature image, they weigh an average of 5 ounces. That's 15 years of phones. You have to be quite the wuss to ***** over an ounce.