HELP. Hi, Took a picture in a dark room with my 920,first I turned the flash off then I pressed the camera button halfway down to focus then pressed it fully down,the picture was pitch black,three too four seconds later the phone's screen flashed a bright white light, any ideas how to fix this or is my phone faulty or am I doing something wrong. Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by leeds_fan View Post
    HELP. Hi, Took a picture in a dark room with my 920,first I turned the flash off then I pressed the camera button halfway down to focus then pressed it fully down,the picture was pitch black,three too four seconds later the phone's screen flashed a bright white light, any ideas how to fix this or is my phone faulty or am I doing something wrong. Thank's
    That is normal. Unexplainable as to why that white flash happens, but it seems to happen with many other of our phones (mine included). I wouldn't worry about it, as it does not mean you have a defective phone.
    Last edited by congusano; 12-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Depends on how dark the room is... If your talking about a bedroom with no lights and the curtains closed then it would be normal for it to show up as nothing... Cameras need natural or artificial light... Back lite cameras use a censor to brighten the image in low light but even those images can get really grainy if the lighting is next to none...
    Thanked by:

If you want to turn off all lighting from the phone completely, don't forget to turn off Focus Assist (and your flash).
    Thanked by:

There is some natural light,but the photo's come out just like any other photo with no flash.