Hey everyone,

I have noticed that my 920 data connection drops out. I can still receive phone calls, but no internet connection. It will start working again maybe a 1/2 hour later or if i restart the phone it works right away.
    Does anybody have this problem? I have tried disabling 4g and only use 3g, and the same issue still happens. It happens atleast once or twice a day

Tweety

Am i the only person with this problem?

I have not use the data connection aggressively like you, so I would not notice at this point.

I went and got a new simcard to see if that solved the problem. Sadly it did not. Im really wondering if there is something actually wrong with the phone :(

In regular use I haven't had it lose connection but if I leave my phone idle in an area with bad/zero connection for a bit and come back to it and try to use it in a location which has connection it won't reconnect for a long time. It doesn't happen all the time but a quick way to get it to connect again is to turn airplane mode on and off.

Glimited ill try that today when it happens

thx

Hii,
    I have the same problem,im in UK using T-Mobile :/

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Tmo US same issue here

Hmm wondering guys if our phones are defective.....

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Sadly it does, enabling and disabling airplane mode has acted as my quick fix.

well, mine was bought from harvey norman and i use vodafone network. If 3g is on, then it works fine whole day without much problem. If I disable it and then try to re-enable it some hours later, it won't connect to 3g. (unless I re-enable it immediately after disabling it). I will have to restart the phone to get 3g to work.

I wonder if this is related to your problem, as in maybe there are times when you went to a zone with poor 3g connection (such as in a building) and the 3g connection was dropped and after that it doesn't reconnect?

Will Nokia or the phone provider replace our phones?? its so hard to explain this issue or even show it
    Last edited by tweety1982; 12-21-2012 at 05:27 PM.

i reported this as a bug to nokia...hopefully it gets resolved

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I have this too. Ever since the portico update . I also noticed my signal is now 1 bar lower then it should be . I am on att in the US.

Guys,

The issue as mention above dissapeared while i was abroad, but now that im back in australia it happens again. Even sometimes i cant even make a call. Have to wait to turn of the signal and turn it back on before things work correctly.

This is starting to become a reall problem...

Anybody solved this issue ?

have the exact same issue with my unlocked device. is there other out there with the same problem on locked phones?

My phone is unlocked but purchased through telstra.

this has to be a software issue because if i use a different browser, nokia xpress it works no problem but if i use ie it doesnt work. i have to reboot the phone.

im getting soo fed up with this device. soo much bugs, Im kinda of regretting getting rid of my iphone 5 :(.

fixed it. installed access point app, selected my service provider and it hasnt had any more data connection issues.

Ok,

After phone being sent back a total of 4 times, Nokia finally gave me a new phone. Been using it for a day now, and thus far no drops.

Thaguy what is this access point app you are talking about

Thx

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety1982 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have noticed that my 920 data connection drops out. I can still receive phone calls, but no internet connection. It will start working again maybe a 1/2 hour later or if i restart the phone it works right away.
    Does anybody have this problem? I have tried disabling 4g and only use 3g, and the same issue still happens. It happens atleast once or twice a day

Tweety
    I too have this issue, its quite annoying at work where I use my phones data connection the most. Data connection will just drop out randomly, but when I restart my phone BOOM full LTE.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have the problem as well.. It happens more than 10 times a day..