- 12-15-2012, 09:28 AM #1
So my step-father recently had upgraded his Iphone to a new Nokia Lumia 920 but he discovered that there are a few apps that Iphone has that WP8 doesn't have yet(Yes, even a 40 year old man likes to instagram....kind of creepy in a way lol)
Anyway, instead of just simply returning the phone he asked me would I be interested in using it as he knows I actually like Windows Phone(for the most part) and he'd just go back to using his iphone. So of course I am likely going to jump on the chance to get a 920. I currently own an 810 so I am likely going to try to sell it so I can score some extra christmas cash.
It's kind of cool because I have been pushing Lumias to all my friends who have been talking abou getting new phones and I have been envious of their bright colorful phones compared to my black slab(that sounded awkward after i typed it) so I am happy I have this chance.
Couple of questions
1. I read somewhere a guy had some trouble getting the unlock code from At&t....so if i wanted to stay with T-mobile and just use the 920 on my current T-mobile account that my 810 is under, I wouldn't be able to do that would I?
I'd still be able to use At&t Mvno's right? Currently I am using T-mo's $50 a month Unlimited Talk Text and Web so I'd like something in that price range...I hope Straight talk is not the only MVNO I can use.
2. Facebook Chat
I have been curious it on my 810 but I haven't yet....I have a question about facebook chat.
Is it reliable?
Also, when people facebook chat me will they be able to see my name on Facebook or the Name of my microsoft account i signed up with
Last edited by Micah Dawson; 12-15-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: mistakes were made...
- 12-15-2012, 11:53 AM #4
They'll see your name on Facebook like they would if you logged into chat from your computer.
I'm not sure about reliability since I rarely use Facebook chat. I probably should mark myself as offline because the only people that chat me are friends and relatives from the other side of the world, so the chats come in while I'm sleeping.Talk to me about Windows Phone, Windows 8, XBOX, art, animation, design, or anything! Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook (say you're from here or I may not accept)
- 12-15-2012, 04:53 PM #8Talk to me about Windows Phone, Windows 8, XBOX, art, animation, design, or anything! Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook (say you're from here or I may not accept)
- 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM #9
for facebook chat i've found it to be pretty reliable. there is a delay in the time you get the message vs. when it was sent on facebook. i havent experienced the delay being over 2min. you cant send pics via the ppl hub facebook chat, but then again you could just use their number for that. or get metrotalk and send them pics like through an IM.
- 12-16-2012, 06:24 AM #11
Oh i wanted to sort of re-tract my statement, I shouldn't say creepy but it is just a bit odd following him on instagram and seeing him posting a ton of shirtless pics :P
I expect that from people my age I guess but some of the stuff he tends to post on social networks kind has me "Scratching my head" LOL.
So not creepy so much as just a bit....weird :D
- 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM #13
I used to post shirtless pics...
...of my son when he was a baby.Talk to me about Windows Phone, Windows 8, XBOX, art, animation, design, or anything! Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook (say you're from here or I may not accept)
- By gerbilly in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
- By rick75fowler in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 02-27-2012, 05:59 AM
- By Techblogger in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 19Last Post: 09-13-2011, 10:53 AM
- By burner in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 6Last Post: 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM
- By Trader05 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 07-16-2011, 06:22 PM