Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drunkenscholar

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hey, guys. I'm 15 days away from my upgrade and I'm taking the leap to my first WP8 device in the 920. I was wondering how durable you guys feel your devices are. I usually get TPU cases as an added protection, but I feel as though a case would take some of the charm away from Nokia's design and add unnecessary bulk.

So is it solid enough to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use and the occasional dropping? I've seen all the torture tests, but I want to get a real user perspective. Thanks.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I think it's a very solid and durable phone. I use a thin snap-on style case that's pretty minimal. Apparently there is an official Nokia silicone style case similar to what the Lumia 800 and 900 had coming out soon, which would be perfect cuz it feels like there isn't even a case on the phone. I usually use something just so my phone doesn't get scratched up.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    I use a screen protector just because of the horror stories I've read on these forums. My son has dropped mine from varying heights and I've seen no damage.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    Did we really need another thread about this?

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    Did we really need another thread about this?
    Probably not...

I don't think case is necessary for 920. It looks much better without it IMO. But I get that some people put it on for possibly better resale value later on.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    @kebreo did you really need to be a **** about this?
    JConn_Lefty likes this.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenscholar View Post
    @kebreo did you really need to be a **** about this?
    get used to that dude. this forum seems to have an unwritten rule about not asking the same question more than once.

to answer your question, yes, get yourself a case. the phone is well built and can handle damages but it's too sexy to leave it exposed. my coworkder dropped my phone at the xmas party and it got a little nick. i wanted to strangle her. lesson learned, get a case. at least have one so that if you go out and you drink, you have protection.
    Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    I think it's a very solid and durable phone. I use a thin snap-on style case that's pretty minimal. Apparently there is an official Nokia silicone style case similar to what the Lumia 800 and 900 had coming out soon, which would be perfect cuz it feels like there isn't even a case on the phone. I usually use something just so my phone doesn't get scratched up.
    Expansys USA is showing the case (Nokia cc-1043) in all colors on their website with an expected in stock date of Jan.17th.

Nokia Soft Cover for Lumia 920 (Black) #CC-1043 Black - Expansys USA

I don't put a phone in a case. Especially a phone as attractive as the 920. If it gets scratched up, then I will put it in a case to hide the scratches. Until then, I am a little concerned with heat build up.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW3 View Post
    I don't put a phone in a case. Especially a phone as attractive as the 920. If it gets scratched up, then I will put it in a case to hide the scratches. Until then, I am a little concerned with heat build up.
    are some of you having that bad of heat issue? my 920 gets hot but not to the point where i'm worried.
    Lumia 920

I put a Ghost Armor full body set on mine. It's like Zagg. I hate scratches and love the phone. And let's fact it, the phone is pretty big anyway. So I put on the 'sticker'. Now I don't worry about any scratches, it has a bit better grip, looking at it you can't tell it has any protection. It probably won't help protect it if i drop it but i have insurance. Works well for me.