Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    If it is the first week of January you guys are gonna get it before me >_< I'm having to wait until the end of January before I can even look at getting mine... First off is exclusivity, next is mum doesn't want me spending all my Christmas + birthday money on a phone... Right now I'm using a TITAN.
    Where are you from, UK I guess?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EISENbricher View Post
    Where are you from, UK I guess?
    Aye, I'm from the UK. Leeds to be specific. It had already been decided that the 920 was the right phone for me, so yeah. Had originally been anticipating the 820 but on further inspection it didn't turn out to be the correct phone for me.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Tech2 says "Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 to be launched in India on January 15".
    They've cited their sources from grey market to back up the news.
    Last edited by Sameer Dhere; 12-31-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Typo

first it was november then not in november, then 15 december then not in december , then january... tech2 posts an article every 15 days :P . It knows nothing.
    Lets hope 1st week of january it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sameer Dhere View Post
    Tech2 says "Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 to be launched in India on January 15".
    They've cited their resources from grey market to back up the news.
    Thanked by:
    Slenzen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by abxy View Post
    first it was november then not in november, then 15 december then not in december , then january... tech2 posts an article every 15 days :P . It knows nothing.
    It knows nothing. Absolutely right.
    2nd para of that article is apocalyptically hideous. It starts with a hypothesis and ends defying the same.

Quote Originally Posted by abxy View Post
    Tech2 sucks, still this isn't their fault. They are just reporting what Nokia's been telling. So the sinner is Nokia itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Aye, I'm from the UK. Leeds to be specific. It had already been decided that the 920 was the right phone for me, so yeah. Had originally been anticipating the 820 but on further inspection it didn't turn out to be the correct phone for me.
    Good to know! I heard that nobody likes EE there because of its overpriced plans? Are you waiting for the phone to launch on Vodaphone?
    Oh same goes for me. I don't want a phone with anything less resolution than 720p. So 920 it is!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Good to know! I heard that nobody likes EE there because of its overpriced plans? Are you waiting for the phone to launch on Vodaphone?
    Oh same goes for me. I don't want a phone with anything less resolution than 720p. So 920 it is!!
    I know people that seem to have no issue with EE. I'm not waiting for Vodafone though, waiting for Carphone Warehouse so I can buy it SIM free and use my Three SIM in it.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

guys does the Lumia 920 works well if i get it from U.S and get it unlocked . Price in India seems to be too high .
    Does all the features and bandwidth work perfectly if use it in india ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rnaveen1989 View Post
    guys does the Lumia 920 works well if i get it from U.S and get it unlocked . Price in India seems to be too high .
    Yeah, it will work fine, BUT YOU WILL NOT HAVE A WARRENTY IN INDIA then. Mind you, warrenty is really Important right ? Unless you are a RICH S.O.B. then you dont have to worry about it, otherwise, wait for the Device to Launch in India !

Make sure that you can unlock it though. Because I see some sellers on ebay india who are selling their 920s simply because they couldn't unlock the phone.
    Meanwhile read the review of fonearena. http://bit.ly/UflIMU
    I always look for some interesting review from them but looks like their top bloggers are not interested in doings review for it. Again the same statistical review, I become bored. And what he says is, it may be huge for some, I guess if he had reviews s3 then what would be his thoughts!!!
    Anyway, the pics he took are nice and gives new info about things which i even dont know about. And he even reviewed Nokia exclusive apps nicely at the same time which is rarely seen with a phone's review. Its a good thing, people will know about what Nokia is offering them.....
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia

can u help me regarding that. How can i know that the device can be unlocked in India or not . . if i get at&t mobile for 449$ can it get unlocked or i need to get complte unlocked one which nokia hasn't release in U.S so far
    can u help me regarding that. How can i know that the device can be unlocked in India or not . . if i get at&t mobile for 449$ can it get unlocked or i need to get complte unlocked one which nokia hasn't release in U.S so far
    are U kidding! 449$!!!!!!! That's too much for a contract phone. Better buy in India.
    Cons of unlocking contract phones in India:
    1. U not only will not get valid warranty in India, U will break your phone's original warranty in US.
    2. Unlocking will cost U more money as U can't do this by ur own, and experts will charge U money for that and that too without guarantee that it will be unlocked successfully for whole life.
    3. Its purely illegal thing to unlock a contract based phones, proceed on your own risk.

Still if U R alright with it, go for it, but I would straight say no if that's the price. It was available for 49$ few days back, dont know if still available.
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by ayush3mathur View Post
    Meanwhile read the review of fonearena. Nokia Lumia 920 Review
    I always look for some interesting review from them but looks like their top bloggers are not interested in doings review for it. Again the same statistical review, I become bored. And what he says is, it may be huge for some, I guess if he had reviews s3 then what would be his thoughts!!!
    Anyway, the pics he took are nice and gives new info about things which i even dont know about. And he even reviewed Nokia exclusive apps nicely at the same time which is rarely seen with a phone's review. Its a good thing, people will know about what Nokia is offering them.....
    What a boring review.... stats only and messed up styling. Too many screenshots. Anyway Indian bloggers getting phone for reviewing is a good sign.

are U kidding! 449$!!!!!!! That's too much for a contract phone. Better buy in India.
    Cons of unlocking contract phones in India:
    1. U not only will not get valid warranty in India, U will break your phone's original warranty in US.
    2. Unlocking will cost U more money as U can't do this by ur own, and experts will charge U money for that and that too without guarantee that it will be unlocked successfully for whole life.
    3. Its purely illegal thing to unlock a contract based phones, proceed on your own risk.

Still if U R alright with it, go for it, but I would straight say no if that's the price. It was available for 49$ few days back, dont know if still available.
    Actually 449$ isn't contract price, it's price for the AT&T bound phone, but off-contract. So only AT&T sims will work, but besides that the phone isn't bound to contract. Unlocking sure isn't recommended.

btw here's a better review from TechTree

Review: Nokia Lumia 920
    Thanked by:

Latest news on Lumia 920 India regarding the LTE bands.
    Here is the mail content from a Nokia India (someone in the upper magmt).
    ==============
    Thanks for your mail. Wanted to let you know answers to your queries.

1) Even though Lumia 920 supports FDD LTE, Since Indian networks do not support FDD LTE , it was been switched OFF for India. So even if you travel to countries which have FDD LTE networks, Lumia 920 bought in India may not be able to latch onto those networks.

2) Supported LTE bands:
    Devices sold in US/AT&T: 1900(2), 1700/2100(4), 850(5), 700(17)
    Devices sold in Europe: 2100(1), 1800(3), 2600(7), 900(8), 800(20)
    ============

If this is true, then NL920 isn't worth the high price tag (if price above 30K) and being called the world most advanced smartphone (in India).

Global Posts
    1,504 Global Posts
    From their FB page, it looks like its going to b 1ST Jan... tomorrow that is.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    I really hope they price it less than HTC 8x as they did in US and other markets :).. Fingers crossed

Sure that. Equal or below the 8X price. I'll not give a damn if it's priced more than 33K.

Not being a fanboy if I think even, the MMX A110 is a steal for 10k. Not that I'm going to buy it, but it's grabbing my attention.
    Sure that. Equal or below the 8X price. I'll not give a damn if it's priced more than 33K.

Not being a fanboy if I think even, the MMX A110 is a steal for 10k. Not that I'm going to buy it, but it's grabbing my attention.
    mmx, seriously. I hv got a free a90 2mnts ago. Soled it for 9.5k bucks. I used it. And it was actually looking like a cheap phone. The camera is awefull, calling quality sucks, it was big and very light giving me feeling that if droped by mistake, it will not survive.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2

Global Posts
    1,504 Global Posts
    BTW, the price of 8X dropped on Flipkart today. And guess what is the new price?
    33K. Why? Because even the Lumia is 33!!!

Edit: wait does that mean the Lumia 920 and the 900 will sell at the same price?

It's like Johnny Lever and Hrithik having the same fan following..
    Lol just kidding!

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    Last edited by XENOPHOS; 12-31-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Thanked by:
    No its not gonna happen, it will be above 35 or nearby it. 8x is out of competition with 920. Its competitor is 820
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    If it is above 35000, Nokia will loose one valuable customer :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshman Guntu View Post
    If it is above 35000, Nokia will loose one valuable customer :)
    Haha same here. 33k in my case ~
    mmx, seriously. I hv got a free a90 2mnts ago. Soled it for 9.5k bucks. I used it. And it was actually looking like a cheap phone. The camera is awefull, calling quality sucks, it was big and very light giving me feeling that if droped by mistake, it will not survive.
    You get what you pay for.. But still A110 is lot better than A90. I've seen both the phones, and I can confirm that.
    Well anyways I'm thinking to buy that one for my sis, not for me. I can't stand android.
    Damn... I sometimes feel that the wait is really worth after looking at these sort of videos.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast