Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunaid Udaipurwala View Post
    Sponsored Article by an Investors... 100% useless... Nokia did sell its infrastructure divisions to Huawei but that was due to lack of Funds. Nokia now has come up & grown & have for a VERY POSITIVE response for the Lumia Phones & has a great comeback. This News is totally fake so DON'T YOU WORRY MY FRIEND. Nokia has & will always be making new AWESOME Innovation of technology in Smartphones each year.
    you r right, they sold it to concentrate on R&D department, not construction....
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia

thanks guys........all revved up and ready to get L920

Quote Originally Posted by Aniruddh Sharma View Post
    It looks beautiful --> YES. But will i not buy the 920 coz of this--> NO!!
    Why would i wait for something that's not even been confirmed by the company (its a rumor afaik) and which would not be here atleast for next 10-12 months! Heck, i don't even know what i would be doing a couple of months down the line.
    I for one believe more in living in the present. Of course, if its launch would be happening in say April/May even I would have waited...something i did in the case of L920 (and i want that yellow)! But, for a product that's not even been mentioned by the company, not doing/owning what you want right now is not something i agree with.

Anyway to each his/her own!

Coming back to Lumia 920 India launch, a friend of mine just got a call from Nokia. He was told that both 920 & 820 are launching on 6th and would be up for sale immediately. Also, 820 would be around 28K and L920 would be between 32-35K. He also asked them about what the Nokia Priority Dealers have been saying regarding the launch & price (14th Jan & 38-40K) to which they replied that it's not true and the Priority Dealers do not have the correct and updated info.
    I wish Nokia does something different this time, creates a hype so that people anticipate a price tag of 35 - 37K and launch it at 30K!! And suddenly it would become an amazing deal.
    Anyhow @33K with a free wireless charger...I am game.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!
    I so hope what you are saying turns out to be true!
    btw if people are buying it from Mumbai,we could post the best deals we are getting here.

@anirudha did your friend manage to ask about the dealers who would be having the phone first? and just how did your friend manage to contact Nokia directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek M View Post
    I so hope what you are saying turns out to be true!
    btw if people are buying it from Mumbai,we could post the best deals we are getting here.

@anirudha did your friend manage to ask about the dealers who would be having the phone first? and just how did your friend manage to contact Nokia directly?
    I think he had sent a mail to Nokia and got a call back from their end. Anyhow, I'll just wait for the launch to happen rather than trusting any other info!
    Even then, i open all related websites almost every hour to check for updates :-(

=Even then, i open all related websites almost every hour to check for updates :-(
    i'm doing the same.i guess most of us are
    Thanked by:

Let me tell you the truth, each dealer has his own information & rumors & assumptions for launching of the device, non of which are sure, they be Nokia Priority or Nokia Dealers. Exact date can be finalized by Nokia only no dealer, I repeat no dealer has information about Launch, any & all information you will get from Tech blogs & other are just rum rumors & assumptions only. Well Atleast I will have the device safely & no threat of shortage once it is released :D
    I am very much aware of the truth, so are most of the members here. Each one of us is scanning the internet for smallest of hints about the launch.
    You were so vocal about your contacts I thought you'd, at least, have some information that us (people without contacts) would not be having access to.
    Sigh.

We all will get our hands on the device once it is launched, by hook or by crook. That is taken for granted looking at our desperation now.

I did get a reply from Nokia India yesterday. They still maintain their stance about official launch being in the first week of January.
    No use of harsh language it seems.
    My budget 32k ! I am just hoping that Lumia 920 launches in that range !! or else i'll have to buy S3.. Dying to get this phone ! :| Running out of patience !
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    Yuck S3 ;)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Sameer Dhere View Post
    I did get a reply from Nokia India yesterday. They still maintain their stance about official launch being in the first week of January.
    No use of harsh language it seems.
    I told you :P Well, it's getting more restless and annoying waiting for the launch. I hate Nokia teasers on their fb page. The only other phone I liked using apart from Nokia is Blackberry. If the latter comes earlier with BB10 around this month end, then I would go for it.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    Yuck S3 ;)
    It's like settling for it ..:P
    Not my 1st choice
    Nokia is taking ages to launch and the price is ranging from 30k-40k :P
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Yellow | eDabba.com
    this site shows 31,990

Global Posts
    1,686 Global Posts
    The EZone guy in Infinity Malad said it will be end of month ur early Feb when we will be able to buy it...I hope he was wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

eDabba prices have been there since much time. They are Fake.

By the way The Mobile Store has started taking preorders of 920 and 820 at INR 10000/- It is mentioned that 920 will be priced at 35000 to 40000, and 25000 to 30000 for 820.

Well... I hope I can find some better deal (around 32k) somewhere else. My budget will never exceed this boundary ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagar Khandelwal View Post
    My budget 32k ! I am just hoping that Lumia 920 launches in that range !! or else i'll have to buy S3.. Dying to get this phone ! :| Running out of patience !
    OMG WTF, no never, S3 is Sh*t, my brother has it, lol I laugh soo hard at that sh*t of a phone. I'd rather have a Rs.500 wala sasta cheap phone than having an S3, oh & bythe way did you even check the material it is made of, its of inferior quality, if by chance you drop S3 from a height of 2 feet, man you are done with your S3 then, it is as soft as cotton lol, have a look yourself, you will be SHOCKED, watch from timing 2:18

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,686 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EISENbricher View Post
    eDabba prices have been there since much time. They are Fake.

By the way The Mobile Store has started taking preorders of 920 and 820 at INR 10000/- It is mentioned that 920 will be priced at 35000 to 40000, and 25000 to 30000 for 820.

Well... I hope I can find some better deal (around 32k) somewhere else. My budget will never exceed this boundary ~
    Now THAT is some solid info. Thanks man...my guess was 25 for 820. Still v expensive if u ask me..I might go for 8S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.
    OMG WTF, no never, S3 is Sh*t, my brother has it, lol I laugh soo hard at that sh*t of a phone. I'd rather have a Rs.500 wala sasta cheap phone than having an S3, oh & bythe way did you even check the material it is made of, its of inferior quality, if by chance you drop S3 from a height of 2 feet, man you are done with your S3 then, it is as soft as cotton lol, have a look yourself, you will be SHOCKED, watch from timing 2:18

Thanks mate !
    One of my friend has it and says its pretty good .. ! I'll reconsider and research more on this ..
    Htc one x then maybe ... though i still so badly hope Nokia Lumia 920 comes around 32k .. :)..
    Just saw the drop test of Lumia 920 !
    Man this phone is a brick !!

My desperation level has increased tremendously now !!

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

it really is an amazing piece of innovative hardware, if you can I'd wait it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    it really is an amazing piece of innovative hardware, if you can I'd wait it out.
    Yes that's wat i m thinking now .. :)

actually you are starting it from middle, I'd like you to go in order the test was performed....

1st is :

I am not allowed to post more than 1 video, so I created a tinyurl link to the actual video.. Have fun :D

2nd (which you saw already) :

http://tinyurl.com/ag9twp4

& now, 3rd & most EPIC one :
    No phone, I repeat, NO SMARTPHONE CAN SURVIVE THIS ACCEPT NOKIA :D

http://tinyurl.com/d8g7wzv
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    actually you are starting it from middle, I'd like you to go in order the test was performed....

<snip>
    Actually it goes drop test first, then hammer and knife scratch, then destruction. So your 1st and 2nd were mixed up. I've already seen those videos and he even says "This is the phone from the drop test I did a few days ago" on the hammer and knife scratch test.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    I just read January 15th

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    And we have 400 posts
    Sameer Dhere likes this.