Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    the new CatWalk seems promising, F**k nokia for announcing the successor Aluminium CatWalk, oh man its soo beautiful, now my interest in L920 went down from 5000% to 1000% after seeing the new Catwalk.. Oh man just look at that....

Nokia Catwalk

January first week has come to an end today. No news of launch yet... another weekend of hopelessness Nokia... Does Nokia ever stick to what they say for launches?

Quote Originally Posted by LazySunday View Post
    January first week has come to an end today. No news of launch yet... another weekend of hopelessness Nokia... Does Nokia ever stick to what they say for launches?
    Haha! If you manage to chat with Nokia support, just bash them and try to take out some info if possible. I was going to, but I think they have closed their live chat system.

I've written a very harsh mail to Nokia India yesterday. No reply as of yet. :(
    Thanked by:
    iamSherlocked likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sameer Dhere View Post
    I've written a very harsh mail to Nokia India yesterday. No reply as of yet. :(
    Never mind they will have the same reply... "At this time we are unable to... blah blah......" It neither has a tone or message that would help the customer's anguish. It is worded to remain politically neutral. The only good thing is at least they do reply to your mail... try that with Samsung. I was never lucky enough :P
    Thanked by:
    Look at the GORGEOUS Catwalk Demo Pieces brothers.. JUST WOW...... : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    EISENbricher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaid Udaipurwala View Post
    Look at the GORGEOUS Catwalk Demo Pieces brothers.. JUST WOW...... : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Ohh!! What a beauty! Absolutely gorgeous. I think I've made a correct decision to go for 620 (Because I am totally unable to manage more than 32-33k). I'll start saving money for the next gen flagship!!!

Maybe I'll be holding the metal lumia in my hands end of this year maybe... aHH
    iamSherlocked likes this.
    Although I know this aluminium thing shall appear later this year; still somewhere in my mind it bothers me. It bothers because I don't have current L920 in my hand. And it bothers me big time.
    +1 to that. Why should I buy a L920 when next version is already rumored? and the next version is not a small change, completely overall body change. I I am fine if these rumors are coming after L920 has been launched in all countries properly.

Whats even Nokia thinking about? and Aluminum is not for India? I think Nokia takes cares about that part. I

You can never predict Nokia because they announced L920 less than 6 months of releasing L900.
    Back to LTE matter.
    I hv found the article abt Videocon launching FDD-Lte which is supported by L920. Operator Watch: Videocon's 4G roll out and its effects
    So we have FDD-LTE in india but sad news is that, its not sure that this LTE service by Videcon will have VoLTE (Calling via voice and video) Support. But anything could happen, afterall whole world is stable on HOPE......
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
    It looks beautiful --> YES. But will i not buy the 920 coz of this--> NO!!
    Why would i wait for something that's not even been confirmed by the company (its a rumor afaik) and which would not be here atleast for next 10-12 months! Heck, i don't even know what i would be doing a couple of months down the line.
    I for one believe more in living in the present. Of course, if its launch would be happening in say April/May even I would have waited...something i did in the case of L920 (and i want that yellow)! But, for a product that's not even been mentioned by the company, not doing/owning what you want right now is not something i agree with.

Anyway to each his/her own!

Coming back to Lumia 920 India launch, a friend of mine just got a call from Nokia. He was told that both 920 & 820 are launching on 6th and would be up for sale immediately. Also, 820 would be around 28K and L920 would be between 32-35K. He also asked them about what the Nokia Priority Dealers have been saying regarding the launch & price (14th Jan & 38-40K) to which they replied that it's not true and the Priority Dealers do not have the correct and updated info.
    I wish Nokia does something different this time, creates a hype so that people anticipate a price tag of 35 - 37K and launch it at 30K!! And suddenly it would become an amazing deal.
    Anyhow @33K with a free wireless charger...I am game.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!
    Thanked by:
    iamSherlocked and Abhishek M like this.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniruddh Sharma View Post
    Why would i wait for something that's not even been confirmed by the company (its a rumor afaik) and which would not be here atleast for next 10-12 months! Heck, i don't even know what i would be doing a couple of months down the line.
    I for one believe more in living in the present. Of course, if its launch would be happening in say April/May even I would have waited...something i did in the case of L920 (and i want that yellow)! But, for a product that's not even been mentioned by the company, not doing/owning what you want right now is not something i agree with.

Coming back to Lumia 920 India launch, a friend of mine just got a call from Nokia. He was told that both 920 & 820 are launching on 6th and would be up for sale immediately. Also, 820 would be around 28K and L920 would be between 32-35K. He also asked them about what the Nokia Priority Dealers have been saying regarding the launch & price (14th Jan & 38-40K) to which they replied that it's not true and the Priority Dealers do not have the correct and updated info.
    I wish Nokia does something different this time, creates a hype so that people anticipate a price tag of 35 - 37K and launch it at 30K!! And suddenly it would become an amazing deal.

Thats a good news...... Waiting for Sunday then
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2

If THAT is true I will be happier than ever!

Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderbatman View Post
    The guy is saying this on the basis of online site saholic. dont bother it. its launching this week or early next week.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbatman View Post
    That saholic link is active since mid december. Its best to be ignored.

Why we always have to learn about the launch from some friend of ours? Not to question anyone's know how about it, but why Nokia is not stating a sure shot date. No date and pricing from Nokia would always leave customers to their own guesses. When would Nokia learn something from Apple? Again why Nokia doesn't have proper roll-out strategy for their devices? In spite of all this I still don't know why we die for their products (including me), when they really don't seem to care much about our money :P
    The 'Catwalk' images now available on net are fake. Its juz a demo picture.
    And that picture was posted by me .

Oh no, I had got a call from Nokia too but on December 22nd, 2012 & asked me if I wanted to book the device as the Demo pieces of L920 were available in Mumbai since December 10, 2012, but I am not booking it because once book, you have to pay FULL PRICE at the launch, which then I will not have the freedom to ask in the market & get it for lowest price possible. So I told them I will wait till launch & then buy it once it is available in the market, & ****, I have got some top notch BIG Nokia Dealers contacts, so once they get it they will keep 1 out separate for me of my choice which is yellow or Red. So there is no threat of shortage of device from my end. I will get it once it is Launched :P
    Sorry guys but I got contacts I cannot help others in this matter !

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaid Udaipurwala View Post
    Oh no, I had got a call from Nokia too but on December 22nd, 2012 & asked me if I wanted to book the device as the Demo pieces of L920 were available in Mumbai since December 10, 2012, but I am not booking it because once book, you have to pay FULL PRICE at the launch, which then I will not have the freedom to ask in the market & get it for lowest price possible. So I told them I will wait till launch & then buy it once it is available in the market, & ****, I have got some top notch BIG Nokia Dealers contacts, so once they get it they will keep 1 out separate for me of my choice which is yellow or Red. So there is no threat of shortage of device from my end. I will get it once it is Launched :P
    Sorry guys but I got contacts I cannot help others in this matter !
    Well if you have got contacts can you find exact details about the launch and pricing?
    That would be more than helpful. :)
    Well if you have got contacts can you find exact details about the launch and pricing?
    That would be more than helpful. :)
    Let me tell you the truth, each dealer has his own information & rumors & assumptions for launching of the device, non of which are sure, they be Nokia Priority or Nokia Dealers. Exact date can be finalized by Nokia only no dealer, I repeat no dealer has information about Launch, any & all information you will get from Tech blogs & other are just rum rumors & assumptions only. Well Atleast I will have the device safely & no threat of shortage once it is released :D

Hello guys,
    I have been silently stalking this forum and web for the past few days, i am a huge fan of nokia today when i was browsing i came up on a link,
    it literally shocked me
    http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...from-this-year
    i'av been waitin 4 L920 and this came up which totally ruined my mood to buy the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jithin subash View Post
    Hello guys,
    I have been silently stalking this forum and web for the past few days, i am a huge fan of nokia today when i was browsing i came up on a link,
    it literally shocked me
    'Nokia to stop selling mobiles from this year'
    i'av been waitin 4 L920 and this came up which totally ruined my mood to buy the phone.
    Sponsored Article by an Investors... 100% useless... Nokia did sell its infrastructure divisions to Huawei but that was due to lack of Funds. Nokia now has come up & grown & have for a VERY POSITIVE response for the Lumia Phones & has a great comeback. This News is totally fake so DON'T YOU WORRY MY FRIEND. Nokia has & will always be making new AWESOME Innovation of technology in Smartphones each year.

Hello guys,
    it literally shocked me
    'Nokia to stop selling mobiles from this year'
    This news totally nonsense... WPcentral all ready made a Article about this, read it Some guy says Nokia will abandon smartphone biz. Media has nothing better to report on.
    Thanked by:
    jithin subash likes this.
    Hello guys,
    it literally shocked me
    http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...from-this-year
    comon man, its just a prediction by some ******* guy from forbs, and u got trapped. See wpcentral gave it 1 on rumometer . And How the **** can a multi billion company comes to sudden end when its has many many ways to survive and become top again. These forbes guys are nuts, their review of 920 is also a ****. Dont know why they r doing it but its sure, we do not have to give a **** to them....
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    Thanked by:
    jithin subash likes this.