I noticed (briefly) today I had an H+ displayed rather thanH or 3G for my network connection, never seen this before. I’m on EE in the UK so I'm wondering if its something to do with this EE's DC-HSPA upgrade

https://explore.ee.co.uk/our-company...ed-on-by-march

I'm on Orange and I've been seeing H+ most of the time (when using the data connection)
    since I got my 920. I haven't done a speed test but its much faster than my Lumia 710 was and even beats WiFi.

I also assumed it was DC-HSPA but I haven't been able to find a coverage map to check.

yeah I only had it for a very short time and I was in the car (wife driving) and by the time I noticed it had gone. This is in rural SE Cornwall

I think it's the highest level of HSDPA/HSUPA with a download speed of up to 21Mbit Very close to LTE territory I think? Strangely enough, I get that out in the countryside in Germany quite often.

I had the same thing the other day! I always have 3G, but once in a while I have the H+ (live in the Netherlands), I don't know when he does this. If it's faster than 3G, I wish I knew how to set up to keep holding that H+ setting...

Quote Originally Posted by pr0phecy View Post
    I had the same thing the other day! I always have 3G, but once in a while I have the H+ (live in the Netherlands), I don't know when he does this. If it's faster than 3G, I wish I knew how to set up to keep holding that H+ setting...
    Mine only jumps to H/H+ when I'm actively using the data connection, when I'm not it drops back to 3G. All the phones I've had with HSPA have done the same thing so I don't know if it's a network or phone feature.

I noticed this on mine too - I am on Orange. Works a treat when I get it.

H+ is also known as HSPA+ or, here in the United States, as simply 4G. It basically is just a faster 3G. Still not faster than LTE.

And yup, it has to do with EE's DC-HSPA upgrade.

Its what 3 Mobile call 3.9G in their current advertising :)