Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By WNxAshik
  • 2 Post By Derausgewanderte
  1.    #1  
    My dad went to the Glendale holiday store yesterday, and saw all (no black) 920s. He said the cyan was glossy. And he knows the difference, having feeling my yellow one and that one. Also, he owns a cyan 900. We also know that cyan was said to be matte.
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 12-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.
  2. Starfire's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #2  
    Cyan case on a Cyan phone?
  3. erzhik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #3  
    cyan 920 is matte like black 920. Maybe it had a clear protective cover on.
  4.    #4  
    It was at a holiday store with that thing on it, just like ATT. It wasn't a case.
  5. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #5  
    I have a cyan L920, it's not glossy.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

    "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
  6.    #6  
    The one he saw was glossy, it was no case. Maybe it was a screwed up model?
  7. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #7  
    You should go check it out and bring back pictures for us, haha. That's weird if it really had no case or protective film over it
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

    "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    You should go check it out and bring back pictures for us, haha. That's weird if it really had no case or protective film over it
    Idk if my dad will go back. It was a visit, we don't live there.
  9. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #9  
    cyan is matte. That's why I got that color :)
    Thanked by:
    Jastow 
  10. mlm1950's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    477 Posts
    #10  
    I wish it was glossy.
  11. Huime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    996 Posts
    #11  
    mine cyan, not glossy, matted
  12.    #12  
    I'm not calling you guys liars or you are wrong, I'm just saying what my dad told me.
  13. BenjamusPrime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    I'm not calling you guys liars or you are wrong, I'm just saying what my dad told me.
    Your dad is just a little confused. I own a cyan L900 and have handled friends' L920's multiple times and even though they are so-called "matte-finished" they have a different texture from the old paint job on the 900's. It's a little slicker and finer grain than the old paint job but it still qualifies as matte and feels VASTLY different from the glossy 920.
  14. Kebero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    628 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,014 Global Posts
    #14  
    My wife has a cyan 920 - like everyone else has said, it's matte.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjamusPrime View Post
    Your dad is just a little confused. I own a cyan L900 and have handled friends' L920's multiple times and even though they are so-called "matte-finished" they have a different texture from the old paint job on the 900's. It's a little slicker and finer grain than the old paint job but it still qualifies as matte and feels VASTLY different from the glossy 920.
    Kk
  16. WNxAshik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #16  
    @unstoppablekem Your dad aint wrong there are glossy versions of cyan 920, except that you dont get a brand new 920 with one of em. Its available as replacement cover, and is available all over ebay. Its officially produced by NOKIA but only as a replacement offer.

    Here you go:
    Housing Back Battery Cover Door Sim Card Tray Side Button for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

    There are 2 options: matte blue or the GLOSSY blue.
    I have verified it with the seller.
  17. Derausgewanderte's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by WNxAshik View Post
    @unstoppablekem Your dad aint wrong there are glossy versions of cyan 920, except that you dont get a brand new 920 with one of em. Its available as replacement cover, and is available all over ebay. Its officially produced by NOKIA but only as a replacement offer.

    Here you go:
    Housing Back Battery Cover Door Sim Card Tray Side Button for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

    There are 2 options: matte blue or the GLOSSY blue.
    I have verified it with the seller.
    was about to write just that ;)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Microsoft Surface Pro 128Gb
    HP TouchPad JB 4.3
    Thanked by:
    metalchick719 and WNxAshik like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 02:36 AM
  2. Cyan Lumia 920
    By crav4speed in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
  3. My cyan Lumia 920 has ARRIVED!
    By mammaldood in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
  4. Cyan Lumia 920 Official
    By red grenadine in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
  5. Are all colors of the Lumia 920 glossy finish?
    By saintforlife in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

B