Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

I have been looking on these forums for a long time and have been through 4 l920s before actually signing up and i have to tell everyone that all my battery issues was simply because of the CNN app. for anyone having any battery issues even if you block backgroud tasks for cnn it doesnt help! delete the entire app off your phone or you will drain your battery in less then 5 hours guaranteed! my phone lasts two days not without the damn cnn app. no matter what color or whatever your l920 is its all because of the cnn app delete it!
    Thanked by:
    longnd 

Even if you turned NFC off? I know thats battery killer also
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

sadly, this isn't true at all

its so true.. ive put it on all 4 lumias and they all were fine untill i put that app on it.. that app is great but really kills the battery more then anything. I have bluetooth on nfc on and wifi on and my battery lasts for a whole day and even some extra to spare. The cnn app does something weird and drains the battery really really significantly. try deleting it and see... for anyone with battery issues try it.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    This board express drains my battery pretty fast, just like tapatalk did on my IPhone. I don't follow CNN, so not a problem, but thanks.

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts
    I have CNN and it doesn't cause any problems on my 822.

I have had this app since I got my 920 a month ago and I have not had any battery issues. I have NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi on, and I am not connected to any networks. So before spouting misinformation, you might want to check other items first.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I have the CNN app and my battery life is fine. Though I have noticed that you can't turn off the background process for it or the app will crash every time you launch it. I guess I deleted it, I would have no apps left that have background processes enabled, so maybe I'd get even better battery life. CNN app isn't particularly rich in content anyway, the All Jazeera app is far superior IMO.
    rdubmu and phatboy66 like this.

I have the app on my phone, and my battery generally lasts a day or two.

Dude i installed CNN today and it drained my battery FAST. I was only off the charger for 4 hours and when i came home and checked my battery life I was at 68% then it rapidly dropped down to 59% within like 15 mins. I just uninstalled CNN right now. I usually get really good battery life too.

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts
    Which CNN app are you using because there are at least 3 in the marketplace.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I think you are using a fake cnn app
    socialcarpet likes this.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    For me Gmaps drains my battery like crazy (I've tested this three times with a week in between) even if I have its background task blocked. I also haven't heard of anyone else who has problems with Gmaps. You have a problem with the CNN app and others don't. I actually don't know what to make of that :)

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    No problems with CNN app. Doubt it's that.

Over the last month with my L920 and my wifes L820, I have found many apps that drain the battery and many that you would think that they would, but do not. I am convinced that either they are not developed correctly, or there is a bug in the OS which these certain apps are "exploiting" (for lack of a better word). As a general rule I have found that if the app has not been updated for WP8 specifically, then it has the potential to be a big battery drain. I am still slowly experimenting, but I believe that somehow, certain apps when installed somehow affect other apps and battery life. For example, Skype seems to be the culprit of the MS account getting stuck in sync. For me, Nokia Drive would drain the battery even if background task was blocked, I had to uninstall it and now go 14-16 hours and still have 50% battery. I have had others report that they have no issue with Nokia Drive once the background task is blocked. Either way, we shouldn't be having to sit here and figure out how to make the battery last. MS needs to fix it ASAP because most people don't want to fiddle with it. On the bright side though, even when my battery was draining fast, it was still on par with my brother's GS3 or my buddy's iPhone 5. Right now it totally crushes them.

No problems with the CNN app here.. I am using the CNN Domestic app, Version 1.5.0, releases Oct 23rd, 2012

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Do you allow CNN to run in the background? That could be causing it.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ovadia View Post
    I have been looking on these forums for a long time and have been through 4 l920s before actually signing up and i have to tell everyone that all my battery issues was simply because of the CNN app. for anyone having any battery issues even if you block backgroud tasks for cnn it doesnt help! delete the entire app off your phone or you will drain your battery in less then 5 hours guaranteed! my phone lasts two days not without the damn cnn app. no matter what color or whatever your l920 is its all because of the cnn app delete it!
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You can't be serious?? I've had the CNN app on my phone since launch day and I experience GREAT battery life. I know you are having battery troubles, but I can guarantee you that those troubles are not related to the CNN app. This is just nonsense.

I learned to use back button to closed the apps down especially the news app. So far, my battery has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    I learned to use back button to closed the apps down especially the news app. So far, my battery has been good.
    Using the back button doesnt really do anything

I actually had that problem with the Whatsapp app, it was draining my lumia 920 battery

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    Uh, yes it does. It closes the app instead of tombstoning it in the background.
    TMavC5 and WPenvy like this.

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    I turn CNN off if I see Anderson Pooper, so my battery is fine. Seriously though...CNN doesn't hurt my battery.
    willied and RyanKennedy like this.

yeah, i even allow cnn to run in the background and i get 2 to 3 days of standby time on my phone...i deleted skype and that seemed to add a little for me although it might not be the problem

by this i mean my battery runs awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    Sure it is, if you hold download back button, you shouldnt see any apps running. That mean apps is not running in the back ground.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast