Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hi,

This is how it goes: I can record movies on my Lumia 920 and play them back right on the phone just fine. the problem is: My wife has a Samsung cell phone. She had filmed some stuff with her phone and last night tried to send them over to my phone via bluetooth which went fine. But when I tried to play those videos a message popped up on screen saysing " Sorry, we cann't open the file on this phone".

I checked the file format of the videos on my wif'e phone and they are all mp4. Lumia 920 also does mp4. So it just cann't be the format incompability, I hope.
    The videos were surely OK as I could play them fine on my laptop (with windows media player, VLC, etc) ...hmm, does anyone has any idea why and what i can do?

P.S. Of course I can have them converted on my laptop ( mp4 to mp4 !!!! ) and then send to my Lumia 920 to see if it works but even if it does, it would not be ideal as you can imagine.

Any hint and help would be great, please :) Thanks

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    That's interesting, what Samsung phone does she have? Do you know what exact format etc the video is? RB

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    The model of her phone is : Samsung S5320

"Do you know what exact format etc the video is?" => I know it is MP4 ( right click -> properties and it says Mp4) . If there is anyother information I could provide, please tell me how I can get that from the file and I would be more than happy to do so.

Thanks