Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RyanR47

I know there have been many threads about unlocking Lumia phones, but most of them where either non-conclusive or came from unreliable members, so I want to take my time to share my successful unlocking experience with the WP-Central Community.

I jumped ship from iPhone 5 to the White Lumia 920 on the 1st of December. I purchase it from phones4u UK as sim free, however due to some stupid Nokia exclusivity deals in UK, it was locked to EE (T-Mobile, Orange, Virgin Mobile) and I wasn't able to use it with my preferred Network Provider.

The internet is littered with unlocking spam sites and this being my first time at unlocking I wasn;t sure which website to try from. So on the 6th of December I finally pulled the trigger placed an order through "FoneFunShop UK" to unlock my Lumia 920 on EE for 30. The transaction was processed through Paypal.

After just 4 days (including sat and sun) I received my unlock code through email. The code itself was 20 digits long, but is represented in standard Nokia prefix like #pw+code+7. To unlock the lumia device, simply put a unsupported SIM card in, when the lock message pops up, dial in the 20 digits and WALA it will be unlocked. Then just simply restart the phone!!!

If you have any question, or want me to try something out feel free to let me know!
    My apologies if you find this thread repetitive or unuseful.

unlock-screen.pnglycamobile.png

snaqvi91 likes this.

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    What happens when you out in a wrong code 10 times?

not sure, I heard you will have to sent it nokia to reset the counter

Going to ask the obvious here, Will this work with ATT locked phone or just your UK phones??

Quote Originally Posted by FiZzZler View Post
    Going to ask the obvious here, Will this work with ATT locked phone or just your UK phones??
    They can unlock AT&T; at least thats what it says in their websites: Unlock Nokia Lumia 800, 710, 900, 610, 510, 820, 920, 822, 810 by code

Global Posts
    2,844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fzrashid View Post
    They can unlock AT&T; at least thats what it says in their websites: Unlock Nokia Lumia 800, 710, 900, 610, 510, 820, 920, 822, 810 by code
    Eh. I doubt that.

However, successful unlocking for EE has already been posted here Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?
    Thanked by:

Has anyone tried to see if they can unlock an ATT L920?

Global Posts
    2,844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asleeper2 View Post
    Has anyone tried to see if they can unlock an ATT L920?
    Not possible right now. You need to wait till the AT&T Exclusivity is over. 6 months.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Two questions - How do you find out whether your phone is RM-821 or something else.

Second, FoneFunShop puts out a big disclaimer before you place your order that they CANNOT lock EE handsets (basically a handset that can take either Orange or T-Mobile SIM). All the 920s are locked on the EE network. Did you just ignore the warning and placed the order anyway?

Worked for me too! Had to wait 10 days for my code but managed to get my white Lumia 920 on Tmobile unlocked so I can go back to my beloved giffgaff sim card :) woot!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does EE offer a price to anyone who bought the device SIM-FREE from Phones4u?

Hi, so I actually already have an unlock code but this unlock message never pops up... i have no idea anymore where to enter it?????