12-10-2012, 02:11 PM #1
- 8 Posts
Has anyone had problems with their flash on the Lumia 920? I am not exactly sure when it stopped working, I noticed yesterday. It won't work on the camera and it won't work on flashlight apps (I tried 2 different ones.) I have tried power cycling and the basics and I would rather not reset the phone if possible. Has anyone else had this problem?
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM #3
- 161 Posts
Not the problem you are describing, but here's mine:
The only problems I have had was that sometimes (only happened twice) when I was taking a photo outside in almost complete darkness to capture an object between 2-5 ft. away, the flash had fired, but barely illuminated the subject. I toggled with all of the settings to try to figure out what was triggering it but yielded the same results. However, a short time later in the night I tried again and it worked fine. -shrug-
- 03-21-2013, 05:50 PM #7
I am on my 3rd Lumia per warranty replacement. I like the phone and love the OS. but both of my previous devices had faulty flashes. They just stopped working altogether. Not on the camera or on a flashlight app. Then sometimes it would just decide to work for the day but go back the next day. Of course at AT&T, its like WHAT?! You're the only one in the world having this problem. Not the case apparently. Also the right channel of my auxiliary audio stopped working on both previous phones.
- 08-08-2013, 03:32 AM #10
the flash module itself connects via contacts to the main board, it's not physically plugged into anything. If that contact connection isn't particularly good it will fail. Either removed the screen motherboard from the housing ( it really is a simple job 2 minute job ) and check the contacts are all clean. Or depress slightly on the LED section to make sure it's getting contact to the board and try to turn the flash on via flaslight xt or something similar. Generally
- 08-08-2013, 03:51 AM #11
Mike, I had that exact problem earlier tonight. Was able to fix it.
- Focus light and flash do not fire in either Flash On or Flash Auto modes
- Exposure meter acts like flash is firing, however (aka photos are way too dark)
- Soft reset / power cycle (turn off, turn on) did not fix
- Reset default settings in camera settings menu. For me, I was already on the default settings, so I had to change something, save it, and then hit reset.
Worked for me.
11-08-2013, 02:48 PM #13
- 13 Posts
Setting back the camera didn't work for me.
However, I've got a different solution. I figured that my problem was this ("This leads me to believe that this is possibly due to faulty solder joints on the LED flash.").
I opened my Lumia 920 with a T5 Screwdriver, bend up the solder joints slighlty and the flash worked again.Lumia 920 | Surface RT
11-09-2013, 04:35 AM #14
- 3 Posts
I had the same issue, flashlight apps + camera flash wouldn't work. It seems that the contacts (for the flash) inside the phone get either dirty and/or don't connect properly anymore.
I took my 920 to a local phone store, they opened it up, cleaned the contacts and then bent them up slightly so they would connect properly.
Flash has been working fine since.
- By ycy198472 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 14Last Post: 07-09-2013, 08:32 AM
- By Matthew Iannacone in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 02-02-2013, 04:05 AM
- By rednax_de in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM
- By J_Reinaldo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
- By Rong Zhou in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM